All-Star Cheersport 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Has it always been this way? We have a few fleece Cheersport jackets, but thought ALL level 5s including non world's like Y5 and J5 got the letterman's style?

No. Prior to this year I thought it was all level 5's (though maybe not restricted, which may explain youth getting kicked out of that group)

They updated the jacket this year, too. They changed the back. It looks nice.

Do the Worlds 5s pay more to compete? If not, that truly is a bummer :(
This is very typical though [emoji17]majority of the times level 5 teams also get to compete in awesome stages and lower level get stuck in Hall A, even awards for lower levels aren't as fun as the awards for higher level teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idk if this applies to all of the level five non worlds but our small senior five restricted won and received the leather jackets which was cool. Hopefully I can earn a leather jacket at some point too:)

Any jacket is nice when you win! We liked the look and usability of the fleece more. But we would wear camouflage raincoats if it said CHEERSPORT NATIONAL champion on it. Probably just for pics. But still...

I am trying to stress the "You are not allowed to be disappointed with winning" card... But you can see it in her eyes... Especially since R5 and J5 teams got "leather" sleeves. Youth 5 was the only level 5 not to, it seems. Hard for them not to feel left out. Boo on you, Cheersport.

On a happier note, I do like these fleece more than the old ones!

Congratulations to those that won jackets whether they be leather sleeves, fleece or rayon sheer mesh with bling. Given the number. of kids who performed this weekend in the hopes of getting one, and the number of kids who reached that goal, that's an amazing accomplishment. Wear them proudly (whatever they are made of).

She seems to have turned it around.... turning it into motivation for "The" Jacket at NCA in 2 weeks. If she wins that one, she would never wear the leather sleeved Cheersport, had she gotten it.

Congrats to all the winners... the "sleep on it" seems to have worked out for her. Here she is, btw... and the new jacket!
33ug7ll.jpg

21cxgjr.jpg

You know in RI last year they gave out The Letterman Style jackets with leather sleeves to all level 5 teams except for R5, but only gave the cloth jackets this year to everyone... I was quite surprised by this change here and almost got into a nasty altercations with one of the new mom on my cp's team when I mentioned this and she called me a liar!
But anywho, I hope NCA doesn't decide to go this route too... My take on this level 5 only Letterman jackets possibly mean this competition wants to distinguish the type of winners and even if it seems unfair, most of the interest seems to be center around the level 5 teams only.

I hope I am misinterpreting this comment :confused:
In what sense? I am just saying that she wants that NCA jacket more than anything, and if she wins it, she wont wear much else. That NCA jacket has been her "dream" for a couple of years. She'll probably sleep in in for a week or so... I was trying to say we might as well goodwill ALL of her jackets (cheer and not cheer related) if they are fortunate enough to win NCA.

How were you interpreting it??

Congratulations to those that won jackets whether they be leather sleeves, fleece or rayon sheer mesh with bling. Given the number. of kids who performed this weekend in the hopes of getting one, and the number of kids who reached that goal, that's an amazing accomplishment. Wear them proudly (whatever they are made of).

This is what we sat down and talked about last night. There are teams who head down there with hopes of making top 10. We talked about being gracious in victory and in defeat (she got to experience both this weekend). She is very fortunate to be on two awesome teams, and needs to cherish the win and be thankful. She understood... and is probably wearing the fleece proudly today (I have to leave before she gets up in the morning).

I hope I have not painted her as an awful kid, because she is the exact opposite. As a dad, I can see when something has disappointed her, even if no one else notices (like I am sure all of you can).

You know in RI last year they gave out The Letterman Style jackets with leather sleeves to all level 5 teams except for R5, but only gave the cloth jackets this year to everyone... I was quite surprised by this change here and almost got into a nasty altercations with one of the new mom on my cp's team when I mentioned this and she called me a liar!
But anywho, I hope NCA doesn't decide to go this route too... My take on this level 5 only Letterman jackets possibly mean this competition wants to distinguish the type of winners and even if it seems unfair, most of the interest seems to be center around the level 5 teams only.

Maybe since my kid is on a J3 team, but most of my attention was centered on all of the J3 teams competing and I didn't make it to see one "5" team compete except for the one I had to be present for by attendance taken from our team parent was our own level 5. I subscribed to Dartfish, though, so I could get caught up on all of the teams, because, yes, I enjoy cheer that much, but CP's team was hoping to upgrade to paid for Summit was their dream and 1st leg of triple crown. Ended up with a final score of 98.02 and third place. Yes, some of us truly care about other divisions, too, besides 5, especially when we're chasing Summit bids. I know some kids hungry for the jackets now at NCA, too, but at least they left in their blanket!! (Cheersport, they love the blankets!!) There were four small gym division J3, Three small J3 divisions, 1 large small gym J3 division and 2 large J3 divisions. Think lots of folks cared about J3, too, and other divisions, too. Don't get me wrong, love level 5, but I am fully enjoying CP's path and she will get to 5 eventually, but I'll probably be caring for the level 4 divisions greatly the next two years at least. It is what it is. Love those fleece jackets. Kids grow up too fast. Enjoy each jacket, celebrate each victory, celebrate their highest score this season, even if it meant 3rd place, and keep on admiring and be wowed by those 5 teams, but I promise I don't think less of my J3 kid and enjoying each year and each level. Yes, Cheersport may be trying different things to make it a little more appealing to lure some of the teams back that swore they'd never go back, CP's gym was one of them, first time back in three years, but I think it was the Varsity scoring and Summit bids, Worlds bids that brought our 8 or 9 teams back than the level 5 jacket.

ETA: That whole triple crown thing I think is working for them, too.

Last edited:
Back