All-Star Cheersport 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

One interpretation could be that Cheersport is a lower-grade competition and therefore the jacket/championship isn't as good. Considering I have heard a parent say that before, it can be taken as a slight.

As another parent said before, Youth 5 is a small group (with tinier athletes.) It's entirely possible that it is cost prohibitive to have 20 custom jackets made in those sizes. Maybe they should charge more for the Youth 5 teams to compete? ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Did not mean it that way at all. Cheersport is big.. really big to them. But for my CP (can't speak for others), NCA is set apart because we take so few teams, and it is a "reward" for reaching that level 5 team. Dallas trip is different at CEA, and the girls grow up watching the NCA preparations knowing that some day, they would get to go. Mine went as a Tiny and Mini to Cheersport and had won and gotten CRUSHED there, so it was familiar, I guess? So few NCA jackets, so they seem more "prized" to her. But she is a competitor... she wants every bookbag (even if she has 5 already), every jacket, every medal, etc.... I love the fire in her. I cannot explain why NCA is "it", but it feels different. Kinda like Summit does for her now. With all its faults, She LOVED the Summit and her ring from last year is one of her dearest possessions.

@njallday, I do not know why only level 5s (including Y5 and J5) received the leather sleeved jackets and many of the parents who were new to the team (excluding me, because I did not care) were quite taken by surprise and the jackets were actually delivered to us late and seem like the EPs maybe decided to do this at the last minute...
In retrospect, I rather every winner should receive the same prizes or charge level 5 athletes more entry fees to compensate in the difference in gifts... just saying!

PS: I noticed how athletes from heavily competitive levels (18 or more teams) feel slighted and they absolutely deserve the same accolades as the level 5s athletes, just my opinion...

I ha
Did not mean it that way at all. Cheersport is big.. really big to them. But for my CP (can't speak for others), NCA is set apart because we take so few teams, and it is a "reward" for reaching that level 5 team. Dallas trip is different at CEA, and the girls grow up watching the NCA preparations knowing that some day, they would get to go. Mine went as a Tiny and Mini to Cheersport and had won and gotten CRUSHED there, so it was familiar, I guess? So few NCA jackets, so they seem more "prized" to her. But she is a competitor... she wants every bookbag (even if she has 5 already), every jacket, every medal, etc.... I love the fire in her. I cannot explain why NCA is "it", but it feels different. Kinda like Summit does for her now. With all its faults, She LOVED the Summit and her ring from last year is one of her dearest possessions.
@CEA_ ATC have to agree with you on the NCA comments... Maybe the mystique in NCA is the fact that the built up and preparation for the athletes are so real...Our athletes are practicing 6 days a week and all the additives included, NCA is built up to be the SuperBowl for cheerleaders, but I still don't get that same intensity for Summit, as of yet! So, I am guessing our children will be seeing each other in 12 days in Hall A and probably again, in another 12 days at UCA...Good luck! But at my gym, I believe only 8 teams out of 30+ teams get to go and I think only a few more are going from Pa... So, why not go gugu over a competition that is so exclusive...

Last edited:
I understand why level 5s get special jackets. Some of tj ose kids have worked hard to get their tumbling to that level either through paying their dues in cheer or crossing over from gymnastics. Complaining because your Susie in level 3 doesn't get leather sleeves after cheering for a year is ridiculous IMO. @CEA_ATC, I laughed out loud (almost... as I'm at work and really out loud would be embarrassing) at the tiny senior flyers comment!

I ha

@CEA_ ATC have to agree with you on the NCA comments... Maybe the mystique in NCA is the fact that the built up and preparation for the athletes are so real...Our athletes are practicing 6 days a week and all the additives included, NCA is built up to be the SuperBowl for cheerleaders, but I still don't get that same intensity for Summit, as of yet! So, I am guessing our children will be seeing each in 12 days in Hall A and probably again, in another 12 days at UCA...Good luck! But at my gym, I believe only 8 teams out of 30+ teams get to go and I think only a few more are going from Pa... So, why not go gugu over a competition that is so exclusive...

This. Exactly. And we are freaking out because we have what is significant winter weather (for NC) coming in tonight. We are trying to figure out how everyone will practice this week when we can't really clear roads down here. We may have to sleep in the gym if we miss all this week.

On a side note... I love how our teams have "bonded" in a way. CP has kids she considers friends on Twinkles, and vice-versa. I love it. I also love how they WANT to see each other in competition. Probably why she views NCA and UCA as so important, too. She wants the biggest Y5 division possible. Wants to go against the best... Twinkles are the best.

Speaking of competitions (and knowing there are some changes coming to Summit bids), if WC gets a Y5 invite, are they considering coming to Summit with Y5?

I understand why level 5s get special jackets. Some of tj ose kids have worked hard to get their tumbling to that level either through paying their dues in cheer or crossing over from gymnastics. Complaining because your Susie in level 3 doesn't get leather sleeves after cheering for a year is ridiculous IMO. @CEA_ATC, I laughed out loud (almost... as I'm at work and really out loud would be embarrassing) at the tiny senior flyers comment!

So a Level 3 athlete doesn't work as hard and, therefore, doesn't deserve the same jacket that a Level 5 athlete does. Ok, interesting.

Um excuse me? What about the one who will never be level 5? We never payed our dues by working hard? Just because we can't all have level 5 tumbling doesn't mean we should be treated any different.

Seriously when people bring this up it pisses me off to no extent because I'm one of those people who never got to level 5 because tumbling just wasn't my thing. That means I don't deserve a special jacket?

Let me stop now......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ncmomx2, I have to disagree with you on the comments that level 5s athletes work harder than lower level athletes... My daughter have learned the advanced tumbling skills without working as hard as the girls I see taking privates for bhs and tucks... For some athletes tumbling comes easier and they rise up quickly in levels, maybe because of innate ability... But my daughter have friends on level 2s and 3s that are constantly in the gym working and feels it is unfair that my daughter does not work hard, but she is able to do things without much effort. So, this is the same for some people with calculus , too..

Kinda in the vein of what @njallday said, I hope everyone realizes that what all of you are raging about is EXACTLY why I spoke with CP when she got home and I could see some of that disappointment. Talking about being gracious and appreciative (which she was-- the kid hates losing, but has experienced it) was what we were talking about. I actually put her face in my hands and looked her in the eye and asked her "Would you find it insulting if you had lost and the champs complained about the jackets?". She gets it, and I am trying to teach those life lessons. Our biggest issue is feeling like that level was the only level 5 that didn't get that recognition (it is not really about the fabric of the sleeves- it is about busting your hump to hit level 5 and getting that distinction) and then being given the impression from the EP that your accomplishment is "not the same". She's 10 years old, for heaven's sake... she wears her emotions on her sleeve... She fought for level 2, 3, 4, and 5... and it hurt her some to not get some of that distinction she sees kids around her (and some teammates who are J5) getting. Patience is difficult for most 10 year olds, her included.

The comments about Goodwill-ing the other jackets were LACED in sarcasm. She wears all her old jackets again, eventually (except for the UCA one- little fashionista won't wear satin jackets :confused:- but proudly displays it on her wall)... And I don't know why, but that NCA jacket is different for her. Maybe because we see fewer of them, since the Dallas trip is reserved for fewer of our teams. That one will get a lot more wear than the others, if she gets to put it on.

I am trying to teach the lessons you are talking about, and speak with her about it. Maybe it is "lost in translation", we all are trying to produce good kids, and we learned from the whole thing.
I feel for your daughter, that would be disappointing and I don't understand why all 5s got them except youth. One thing you could tell her that might comfort her, she's in a tiny (very lucky) percentage of the cheer population that gets to go to her gym and be coached by her coach. My CP cheered for 12 years in Oregon and let me tell you, they don't have gyms and coaches here like yours. We went to Dallas twice and felt lucky to not finish last. I can't even comprehend what it would feel like to go to a competition like Cheersport or Dallas and know that you could actually win. Congrats on winning and good luck in Dallas, theirs is always one of my favorite teams to watch!

This. Exactly. And we are freaking out because we have what is significant winter weather (for NC) coming in tonight. We are trying to figure out how everyone will practice this week when we can't really clear roads down here. We may have to sleep in the gym if we miss all this week.

On a side note... I love how our teams have "bonded" in a way. CP has kids she considers friends on Twinkles, and vice-versa. I love it. I also love how they WANT to see each other in competition. Probably why she views NCA and UCA as so important, too. She wants the biggest Y5 division possible. Wants to go against the best... Twinkles are the best.

Speaking of competitions (and knowing there are some changes coming to Summit bids), if WC gets a Y5 invite, are they considering coming to Summit with Y5?[/Q
Regarding summit....its been discussed, and at this point does not sound like an option for us.
I know we are far off topic, but I couldnt agree w you more about the Y5 kids. They are fierce little competitors, but are all about supporting each other....love the sportsmanship I see being cultivated in these youthies. My CP cant wait for NCA and UCA to see all her friends from YE, Teal and ECE.

I hope you aren't implying that lower level athletes don't work hard? It's the athletes choice if they decide to crossover from gymnastics to cheer, there should not be any special treatment for crossing over on another sport!!

@CEA_ATC as much as I would like to reveal that answer, I have to resist and say maybe...
I hope my daughter gets to meet up with your daughter this year, so let's agree to get together, okay! I can tell you it will not be hard to spot my cp from the Twinkles -- She will be the tallest one with the natural orange tan,,, haha!

Speaking of competitions (and knowing there are some changes coming to Summit bids), if WC gets a Y5 invite, are they considering coming to Summit with Y5?

I guess my kid is a weirdo because she doesn't even look at those jackets anymore. She has an NCA with leather sleeves...wore it for two days and then I found it on the floor of her closet. It's now hanging in our downstairs closet. The newest cp (Paige) is 180 degrees different. She has taken all of her sisters practice clothes, jackets, and old Spirit warm ups for herself.
She loves that NCA jacket even though she didn't earn it![emoji23] She does have one Cheer America jacket that was given to her by Phoebe's bobcat team because they won and said she was a good luck charm.

@CEA_ATC as much as I would like to reveal that answer, I have to resist and say maybe...
I hope my daughter gets to meet up with your daughter this year, so let's agree to get together, okay! I can tell you it will not be hard to spot my cp from the Twinkles -- She will be the tallest one with the natural orange tan,,, haha!

THat sounds awesome!! We have to make it happen in Dallas or Disney. Mine is the bob cut red head on YE.... Our tan should be "natural" :) but brown.. no home tanning for those two comps!! My CP says "Uniform Swap?" with a big smile on her face... if they are comparable size, she wants to do that put on each other's uni for some pics, then give back thing.

I think the desire for the NCA jacket over all others, might lie in that the same NCA jacket crossed over to school, college and allstars all receive similar or identical jackets and I believe same trophy too, but not sure...

I just remember in the mall back in Nov. I had a college and HS age cheerleaders that recognized this same jacket and college aged girl told me her team almost won one... However, I heard the UCAs give a different jackets to the cheerleading squads.. I heard school and college cheerleaders receive white satin with red lettering jackets and allstars the black satin with gold letters... If I am wrong, please correct me on this matter...

Last edited:
Back