All-Star Cheersport 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was looking through CS results and noticed that Memphis Elite has a small coed R5 team! This is exciting to me because I miss watching their worlds team from the 2012-2013 season.

THat sounds awesome!! We have to make it happen in Dallas or Disney. Mine is the bob cut red head on YE.... Our tan should be "natural" :) but brown.. no home tanning for those two comps!! My CP says "Uniform Swap?" with a big smile on her face... if they are comparable size, she wants to do that put on each other's uni for some pics, then give back thing.
I am laughing real hard when you mentioned uniform swap... I think your daughter made be able to get in my daughter's uniform, but I hardly think my daughter will be able to fit your daughter's uniform looking at her photo... Well you will understand when you see my little Twinkle...
PS: My cp is already 5'6" and already the star basketball player on her rec team, but will be playing shooting guard/forward on her school team next year... I am so happy she accomplish everything she wanted in allstar cheerleading...

Last edited:
I am laughing real hard when you mentioned uniform swap... I think your daughter made be able to get in my daughter's uniform, but I hardly think my daughter will be able to fit your daughter's uniform looking at her photo... Well you will understand when you see my little Twinkle...

ok.. :) Mine is bigger than she looks ;)

CP says YM top, YL bottom.... if anything, just to meet. CP is Insta-friends with Kendall, Jayla, and Livvy.

ok.. :) Mine is bigger than she looks ;)

CP says YM top, YL bottom.... if anything, just to meet. CP is Insta-friends with Kendall, Jayla, and Livvy.
Yes, I know all those girls from the team,,, my daughter is aging off this year and her name is Brianna E... maybe, they can be instagram friends too... I pass your daughter info to my daughter... Looking forward to seeing y'all in 2 weeks...

First, I can understand the feeling of disappointment when everyone else in your LEVEL received something different than you did. I don't think that is fair, but the cloth/sleeves on a jacket should not diminish that feeling of pride and accomplishment. That being said, I don't think there is anything wrong with the more advanced level receiving something a little different as an award. This is not saying that other levels aren't "working hard" or "dedicated" but it offers inspiration to keep working and moving forward. In this sport, Level 5 is what most athletes strive for and keep working toward. When my CP first started 12 years ago, all she wanted to do was perform at the Milk House in her favorite place in the whole world. She couldn't wait to take the mat on a Senior 5 team. Through hard work, determination, and LOTS OF PRIVATE/TEAM LESSONS, she achieved this goal 2 years ago. Does this mean that she works harder than her friends on other levels? I don't know because I don't pay attention to other athletes mode of training. I do know that she spent MANY hours in the gym. Missed MANY parties/events/school functions to make this dream a reality. She was not going to be deterred from that goal because to her, that was the pinnacle of success. There is a reason there are different levels in this sport. They are there to differentiate between the levels of achievement and advancement. Just like other things in life (ie: college degrees, jobs, etc) with more training and proficiency, you can be rewarded at different (more valuable) levels. This can certainly be used as a life lesson....my CP and I have definitely discussed it like this over the years.

I will always have a soft spot for Cheersport. It was my very first competition ever. Talk about overwhelming!

I enjoyed this year as well. My only recommendation would be that if they are going to keep having teams compete in the C building, open the BC connector to spectators. I know it's how teams get back to warm ups, but that walk from B to C is a HAUL. Our gym only had one team out of 15 or so compete in C, and I felt bad because no one wanted to walk over there and see them.

I will always have a soft spot for Cheersport. It was my very first competition ever. Talk about overwhelming!

I enjoyed this year as well. My only recommendation would be that if they are going to keep having teams compete in the C building, open the BC connector to spectators. I know it's how teams get back to warm ups, but that walk from B to C is a HAUL. Our gym only had one team out of 15 or so compete in C, and I felt bad because no one wanted to walk over there and see them.

Agreed. I was thankful I had that connector. Can't imagine having to go back past the Murphy Ballroom to get there.

**ACE: we're coming to your city.**

We had 4 teams in C- everyone else in B. CPs level 3 team went 10 minutes after SE and no one could make it to watch us because of the walk from B to C. Very disappointing- we feel like the small crowd affected our overall impression score. And we lost by .44- which also lost us a Summit bid.

Agreed. I was thankful I had that connector. Can't imagine having to go back past the Murphy Ballroom to get there.

**ACE: we're coming to your city.**

Not to mention that I was relegated to parking in the yellow lot both days, where the closest entry was the far corner of C. So I'm already making that walk just to get in to the B building areans/meeting rooms. I like having teams over there, as I think it made for shorter days overall. But I can't help but feel like the teams over there got "shafted". With no coaches pass (or uniform) you need to dedicate a good 30 minutes to make that walk.

Special shout out to GWCC staff, however. Everyone was nice all weekend. And @2cheer1here's CP misplaced her cell phone in the building. Not only did they go out of their way find it, but they are mailing it to her!

If you want cheer to be taken seriously as a sport, you have to look at the levels in context with other sports. If level 5 is the pinnacle, then we need to accept that the awards and honors bestowed upon them are the top. It doesn't mean the athletes that didn't make it to level 5 didn't work hard. If Johnny and Suzy both play college basketball in D1 schools but Suzy gets drafted into the NBA and Johnny doesn't, Suzy is going to get a better jacket. If Elsa and Anna are both level 10 gymnasts but Anna makes the Olympic team, she gets a better jacket. Be proud of the jacket you won- you won it, and many others did not.

If you want cheer to be taken seriously as a sport, you have to look at the levels in context with other sports. If level 5 is the pinnacle, then we need to accept that the awards and honors bestowed upon them are the top. It doesn't mean the athletes that didn't make it to level 5 didn't work hard. If Johnny and Suzy both play college basketball in D1 schools but Suzy gets drafted into the NBA and Johnny doesn't, Suzy is going to get a better jacket. If Elsa and Anna are both level 10 gymnasts but Anna makes the Olympic team, she gets a better jacket. Be proud of the jacket you won- you won it, and many others did not.

I get what you are saying but if we make level 5 the pinnacles, I think it would be fair to charge lower levels less for comps fees then... Same goes for gyms, I know this doesn't happen at every gym but I've heard complains from a few parents about their gyms that the owners and coaches always seem to concentrate more on their level 5 teams then the lower teams, if that's going to take place, then lower level athletes parents should not be paying the same as the level 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get what you are saying but if we make level 5 the pinnacles, I think it would be fair to charge lower levels less for comps fees then... Same goes for gyms, I know this doesn't happen at every gym but I've heard complains from a few parents about their gyms that the owners and coaches always seem to concentrate more on their level 5 teams then the lower teams, if that's going to take place, then lower level athletes parents should not be paying the same as the level 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get what you are saying too. But let me flip that around- so being at the pinnacle of sport depends on how much you pay?

Back