All-Star Cheersport 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I see both sides of the issue. It's not super fun for the rest of Division II, but even if there was no split we would be facing the same issue across the entire division.

I understand the need to have bids done the day after with an event this size. It allows the EP to select the correct bid winners. If you remember from last year, both Worlds and Summit bids were announced for teams that already had bids, leaving teams who actually received them getting the news later on. Yes, the scores are there but they then need to go back to the Summit & Worlds Declarations to see who will accept what bid as well as check to see who didn't turn in that form that has a bid.

We are making a party out of it - doing a Reveal Party at the gym Monday night.

I agree about having Brandon and Rockstar in the same division being exciting but I wouldn't want to be any other team in that division. In no way am I saying that Brandon or Rockstar will win that division at Cheersport. I don't know how all the teams have performed so far this year. I certainly recognize all of the gyms. When I looked at Division II it was because we are at Rockstar and I wanted to know who the Beatles were competing against. I thought maybe Smoed was in the other division. I didn't know if they were attending but there is a CA team from Livermore competing in the SLCR5 so I thought maybe Smoed would be there and that they were in the other division. I certainly don't feel that Brandon or Rockstar are the be all and end all in the small coed division this year (because I don't know that much about all the teams) but they are two of the three teams that the cheer world seems to have high expectations from this season. I know enough about competition to know that anything can happen at any given time. I also know enough about competition to know that the teams competing in Division I are just fine with their division but the ones in Division II not so much. If my CP was competing in Division II and she wasn't on one of the two "Showdown" teams I wouldn't be at all excited about going to Cheersport this year.
If that comes across as snarky or uppity I apologize because that is not at all my intention. I changed the wording more than once to try to make my point without seeming like I thought those two teams were better than the others because I really don't know. I mean, I think the Beatles are all that and a bag of amazing chips but I'm admittedly biased. ;) I watch them practice several times a week since my CP is practicing at the same time and they have taken on one of my CP's teams as a sister team and they have been crazy supportive of them.
What I'm saying is that if Cheersport wants to have Brandon and Rockstar in the same Division for a head to head deal I'm fine with that but if this was a sport where teams were "seeded" like in football or basketball playoffs those two teams wouldn't be starting in the same bracket.
I don't disagree with basically any of this but I'd qualify it to add Twist and Shout Diamonds to the mix too. They're also in Division II and between those three teams I think you have your top three (in some order) right there.

Now as someone who does have a CP in this division, I'd rather finish in the top half (my hope for them) of a division with those players than win otherwise.

Frankly, I'm just rooting for a HIT! From our team who had a really great week in the gym. The rest is just academic ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know if they are doing live stream? If so who decided to put F5 and Top Gun on around the same time in different arenas?

Anyone know if they are doing live stream? If so who decided to put F5 and Top Gun on around the same time in different arenas?
I don't know about live stream but it's definitely annoying to have Large Senior and Large Coed going at the same time in different arenas.

I don't disagree with basically any of this but I'd qualify it to add Twist and Shout Diamonds to the mix too. They're also in Division II and between those three teams I think you have your top three (in some order) right there.

Now as someone who does have a CP in this division, I'd rather finish in the top half (my hope for them) of a division with those players than win otherwise.

Frankly, I'm just rooting for a HIT! From our team who had a really great week in the gym. The rest is just academic ;)

I am fully in agreement with you on everything and especially on the HIT, for all the teams in the division. Never been to the gym in Charlotte but I can say that reading of the rekindled love for the sport by your CP's and the observations from the outside has me rooting for them more than for any other gym except ours. It may be the teacher in me loving that these young folks are again experiencing the joy of what they love on nurturing levels. Maybe it is the Mother in me that enjoys hearing that there can be a healthy balance for athletes internally driven to be the best they can. Personally I'm rooting for amazing performances from them all.

I am fully in agreement with you on everything and especially on the HIT, for all the teams in the division. Never been to the gym in Charlotte but I can say that reading of the rekindled love for the sport by your CP's and the observations from the outside has me rooting for them more than for any other gym except ours. It may be the teacher in me loving that these young folks are again experiencing the joy of what they love on nurturing levels. Maybe it is the Mother in me that enjoys hearing that there can be a healthy balance for athletes internally driven to be the best they can. Personally I'm rooting for amazing performances from them all.
A shimmy wasn't enough for this post!!
THIS is what this sport truly needs!!

Well said! You summed up our gym quite succinctly! We're actually in the ATL right now for NCA Atlanta tomorrow. The whole program is here. Hoping for some good performances. It's really cp14s first "test" with some great competition so fingers crossed ;)

Well said! You summed up our gym quite succinctly! We're actually in the ATL right now for NCA Atlanta tomorrow. The whole program is here. Hoping for some good performances. It's really cp14s first "test" with some great competition so fingers crossed ;)

Say hey to my fam! I went back and forth on coming down this weekend but I decided last minute to stay in Charlotte since I'll be making the Atlanta trip in a few weeks. Good luck to your teams!

I don't know about live stream but it's definitely annoying to have Large Senior and Large Coed going at the same time in different arenas.
Stingray Allstars Steel &Orange go on at the exact same time on Day 01 and I'm almost certain they share the same coaches.... I suppose that's what Cheersport meant when they said "less walking" this time round, the fewer performances you can watch the less hall switching you have to do.

They typically use Dartfish, which isn't live, but puts the videos up very quickly after a team goes.

f1c911331e74aefd6f3d4840c37c7636.jpg

Jaylens division! I'm impressed it doesn't have like 8 million teams.. However some of those teams will be like beyond amazing! This is our first year at this competition and im extremely excited.. Although I was a little less excited after I saw the teams.. Lol but hey she gets to compete against the best of the best right?!

Everyone has to post their times.. (Probably not now as the schedule might change some)

But I'll make a spreadsheet with all the FBers teams so we can cheer them on!! Can't wait to see a lot of yall!

Eta: my daughter is dying with excitement that she can go watch OO5 before she goes back with her teams and that the times are not close to conflicting! That worked out perfectly!

Which divisions? We compete today too!! I think my CP goes against your small senior restricted 5 later tonight!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back