All-Star Cheersport And Universal Spirit Merge With Varsity Brands

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't see this as a big deal. They have been on the family plan for a while, heck Varsity has been in 49% for a while as well. I do agree with BlueCat in that when one company is the majority ruler it's never good. What I have a bigger problem with is this whole push for STUNT. STUNT is awful and they are attempting to push NCATA out. This annoys me much more.

Didn't Varsity just give up a seat on the USASF board? How many weeks later and another seat becomes Varsity controlled. I realize that Cheersport has been under the Varsity umbrella for awhile now, but it's still just aggravating.

SO WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO JOIN ME IN OPENING UP AND INDEPENDENT COMPETITION/EP?! GK UNIFORMS.

WHY AM I YELLING?

I am sure you would have some takers. If you are successful, you will be sure to get an offer from Varsity.:) (Not necessarily a bad thing, especially if you like Varsity)

I dont know why anyone's surprised. This has been waiting to happen since Varsity took over 49% of Cheersport in 2005 (I think 05?)

I dont know why anyone's surprised. This has been waiting to happen since Varsity took over 49% of Cheersport in 2005 (I think 05?)

Didn't we hear about this a few months ago? Or they were going to use the Varsity Scoresheet? Or something like that? I thought it was old news when it was announced.

Well, now that we've established that everyone knew this would happen, what will happen to the smaller vendors, who worked Cheersport, but whose products are a duplication of a current product that Varsity also manufactures (bows, practice wear, etc) . Are they just forced out like Nfinity? How much of a bite does this take out of Nfinity's bottom line?

Well, now that we've established that everyone knew this would happen, what will happen to the smaller vendors, who worked Cheersport, but whose products are a duplication of a current product that Varsity also manufactures (bows, practice wear, etc) . Are they just forced out like Nfinity? How much of a bite does this take out of Nfinity's bottom line?
I believe Varsity is not allowing any vendors that compete with them for business at any of their competitions. I know The Cheer Leader magazine has released a statement on Facebook saying they are not allowed at Varsity events anymore because they are not a Varsity company.

That depends on how much potential customers are to willing to overlook all of this. You may feel that your actual vote many not count on many important things in our industry, but you can sure vote with your checkbook.

This season's numbers probably won't be an indicator (too late in the season to change plans.) I will be very curious to see next year's numbers for all of the major events.

This might be a good thing. All varsity brands nationals seem to be doing well (Nca, Uca, USA, spirit sports and athletic).

One thing I do like about jam brands events is that they make the competition very fun for all the kids.

Back