All-Star Cheersport And Universal Spirit Merge With Varsity Brands

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

To echo a few other posts "Becoming a Monopoly?" They already had the lions share of Comps and when you have one "brand" or company controlling things it's never good. Competition is a good thing and it looks like they just keep gobbling up all competitors so now you have to play by their rules. I'm with Jay, someone needs to work on being an independent competitor because as others have stated, I'm sure you will get some business....Not everyone is thrilled about how Varsity runs things. I never like seeing one brand have all the power, isn't that why deregulation of the power and telephone companies happened? Open competition is a good thing.

For many of us old posters this was not a surprise but more of an admission of what had previously been publicly denied was in reality being planned behind closed doors for sometime.

I suspect there are dozens of small independent EPs out there who run first class competitions that would benefit from everyone's support. I know there is one in Columbia, SC that is an awesome competition that's fun for the athletes and from what I've heard caters to the coaches and gym owners. The registration deadline has passed for this year, but those in the Southeast might want to keep it in mind for next year. ucfcheer.com

That depends on how much potential customers are to willing to overlook all of this. You may feel that your actual vote many not count on many important things in our industry, but you can sure vote with your checkbook.

This season's numbers probably won't be an indicator (too late in the season to change plans.) I will be very curious to see next year's numbers for all of the major events.

You are right. It's actually the simplest way to show how much we, as customers, are opposed to this monopoly of the sport.
We'll see what happens next season. In the meantime, we could always, ahem...avoid...The Varsity Shop.

I don't see this as a big deal. They have been on the family plan for a while, heck Varsity has been in 49% for a while as well. I do agree with BlueCat in that when one company is the majority ruler it's never good. What I have a bigger problem with is this whole push for STUNT. STUNT is awful and they are attempting to push NCATA out. This annoys me much more.

Is it common knowledge that STUNT's governing body is attempting to push NCATA out? The student-athletes who have received a scholarship position since 2009/2010 and dedicated their academics and athletics to their University have received the "real deal". These kids have made life-altering decisions to attend a University and compete in a new sport. These students are all listed on their University websites as student-athletes. They MUST make the grade to compete. They must be in good health to compete. They must follow NCAA rules (and University rules) because they have given a priviledge. While they have been granted many benefits, they also must comply. They are not pulling triple duty (cheer games, compete UCA/NCA and compete STUNT) to assist an outside entity.
These Universities have dedicated their funding to giving the athletes ALL they need to succeed. The NCATA is completely transparent.

Is it common knowledge that STUNT's governing body is attempting to push NCATA out? The student-athletes who have received a scholarship position since 2009/2010 and dedicated their academics and athletics to their University have received the "real deal". These kids have made life-altering decisions to attend a University and compete in a new sport. These students are all listed on their University websites as student-athletes. They MUST make the grade to compete. They must be in good health to compete. They must follow NCAA rules (and University rules) because they have given a priviledge. While they have been granted many benefits, they also must comply. They are not pulling triple duty (cheer games, compete UCA/NCA and compete STUNT) to assist an outside entity.
These Universities have dedicated their funding to giving the athletes ALL they need to succeed. The NCATA is completely transparent.
I'm an NCATA fan. I think they are doing it the right way. The issue is STUNT had the varsity backing which equals size. Idk if they will push on NCATA I think NCATA is going more the way of gymnastics anyway so who knows.

Back