All-Star Cheersport Day 1 Chatter

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Reading through this thread and seeing people who are so ignorant and that are complaining so much makes me sick. For anyone who has said "Cheersport scoring is so confusing!" --or-- "I will never understand how these placings have come about." Please.... be a human and use your brain. Cheersport is VERY clear about their scoring. I will give you an example.

Gymtyme Platinum. This team is amazing. Stacked with talent-- one of the best in their division this year, and personally, I love them! HOWEVER... most of their pyramid is level 4 or below. To score in the top range at Cheersport, you are supposed to do at least 7 LEVEL APPROPRIATE elements in your pyramids. Is platinums pyramid hard? Yes. Is it impressive? Yes. Do they do at least 7 level elements? HECK NO.... they actually do like 3 level-5-elements. ACE Warriors do 13 level 5 elements in their pyramid. GA louies and CEA also do a comparable amount. Considering pyramid is a big part on the scoresheet, it is obvious to me how gymtyme platinum was placed where they were. It makes me a little sad because I really like platinum, and I am sorry they were not more prepared for this competition, but it is their own fault. So please, stop complaining--- because you are only making yourself look more uneducated about cheerleading.

That, is all.

I loved this post considering Rays didn't go to Providence and half their pyramid didn't go up.

I thought the comp with the star was in providence...but whatever and I was watching from the side of the stage my bad I didnt watch from the front...but I think I went blind briefly from watching OA my bad...

I thought the comp with the star was in providence...but whatever and I was watching from the side of the stage my bad I didnt watch from the front...but I think I went blind briefly from watching OA my bad...

No need to apologize...After watching 900 teams our eyes can go a little crazy :) haha

Reading through this thread and seeing people who are so ignorant and that are complaining so much makes me sick. For anyone who has said "Cheersport scoring is so confusing!" --or-- "I will never understand how these placings have come about." Please.... be a human and use your brain. Cheersport is VERY clear about their scoring. I will give you an example.

Gymtyme Platinum. This team is amazing. Stacked with talent-- one of the best in their division this year, and personally, I love them! HOWEVER... most of their pyramid is level 4 or below. To score in the top range at Cheersport, you are supposed to do at least 7 LEVEL APPROPRIATE elements in your pyramids. Is platinums pyramid hard? Yes. Is it impressive? Yes. Do they do at least 7 level elements? HECK NO.... they actually do like 3 level-5-elements. ACE Warriors do 13 level 5 elements in their pyramid. GA louies and CEA also do a comparable amount. Considering pyramid is a big part on the scoresheet, it is obvious to me how gymtyme platinum was placed where they were. It makes me a little sad because I really like platinum, and I am sorry they were not more prepared for this competition, but it is their own fault. So please, stop complaining--- because you are only making yourself look more uneducated about cheerleading.

That, is all.
if i had to guess their more worried about Worlds though.. not cheersport. just sayin..

actually they have two switch kicks, far left does one as well, and all groups do one and a half ups and switch ups, if im not mistaken that groups backspot is sick or injured, because shes not doing any of the parts she usually does. Im sure by NCA they will all be fixed and hitting. But yes for this competition, they are not doing full team skills, but they still have a good enough routine to win, and get a paid bid.

agree, their routine did get a full paid and well deserved. I believe the second place team already had a full paid from a month ago. Orange is amazing and very clean, but any day anything can happen. This competition was their day.

actually they have two switch kicks, far left does one as well, and all groups do one and a half ups and switch ups, if im not mistaken that groups backspot is sick or injured, because shes not doing any of the parts she usually does. Im sure by NCA they will all be fixed and hitting. But yes for this competition, they are not doing full team skills, but they still have a good enough routine to win, and get a paid bid.

their was actually a girl on orange walking around with a boot on. so i guess the girl that stood in the back was an alternate?

Back