All-Star Cheersport Day 1 Chatter

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

is rockstar cheers mini 2 team called monkeys? i cant tell but thats what it sounds like the music is saying, if so that is way cute haha
Rockstar mini's are The Monkees. You know the band from the early 70's. "Hey, Hey we're the Monkees.." They try to make the band names fit the age of the cheerleaders. Last year they had a tiny team that was The Wiggles. They were so cute!

I thought the comp with the star was in providence...but whatever and I was watching from the side of the stage my bad I didnt watch from the front...but I think I went blind briefly from watching OA my bad...

By "comp with the star" I think you mean Athletic Championships? There was one in Providence, but I think Rays recently went to one In Chattanooga (sp)? Maybe they had the same backdrop. And if Rays were in Providence I would've definitely known AND been there!! hahaha

By "comp with the star" I think you mean Athletic Championships? There was one in Providence, but I think Rays recently went to one In Chattanooga (sp)? Maybe they had the same backdrop. And if Rays were in Providence I would've definitely known AND been there!! hahaha

oooooh ok makes sence :)

still the 2nd and 3rd place team didnt do full team skills either.

I never said that the 2nd or 3rd place teams had full team skills I simply responded to the statement that Orange did have them because they don't lol which is true. As I said before "One thing that can't be denied is the awesome technique that is displayed. They definitely pack a punch live and the form on what they do perform is beautiful". It wasn't an insult to them as a team because they will always be a tough competitor at any competition and they have my full respect however fact is fact.

actually they have two switch kicks, far left does one as well, and all groups do one and a half ups and switch ups, if im not mistaken that groups backspot is sick or injured, because shes not doing any of the parts she usually does. Im sure by NCA they will all be fixed and hitting. But yes for this competition, they are not doing full team skills, but they still have a good enough routine to win, and get a paid bid.

Why has this become a defensive discussion lmao? Ok so maybe they have 2 switch kicks but they don't have 5, and yes the stunt on the far left in the 2nd row does go straight up (watch the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ_d3JIys8A) Regardless of injuries, alternates, or being sick those issues have nothing to do with the fact that they didn't have full team skills at this event and any of the other teams could most likely say the same thing but that doesn't matter

Whether they had a good enough routine to win or whether the deserved a paid bid was never in question. I would not insult a group of kids who work hard just like anyone else the way that others do in this board with the constant comparisons to Oranges competitors. However when someone says "well they have full team skills" and they then don't it shouldn't come as a shock that some says they don't because it's true lol. So please don't mistake this for anything more than a response to a false statement because I am not an Orange hater lol.

Considering pyramid is a big part on the scoresheet, it is obvious to me how gymtyme platinum was placed where they were.
3 comments: 1. If you have the required elements to have a potential score in the category--you are still given a score that comes from a range and that score is still has "subjective" components to it that will impact your overall score. While better and more objective, there still is subjectivity factored into the overall score of every competition.
2. Speaking for myself, and again completely a system issue and my opinion of it, the way that it is working now--the rewards for just merely having a certain number of elements in your routine outweighs the consequences if you don't hit those elements. That is part of the discussion--teams didn't hit all those elements they have in their routines but the consequences of deductions and "overall execution" doesn't factor significantly into the outcome. From the pure sporting aspect of it, I do not like that method because it takes away from the perfection aspect of it and wanting to see routines that are incredible perfect performances. 3. I don't think the whole situation can be summed up just by the pyramid but we are extremely proud of the team and the performance that they had and are moving onward and upward.

Why has this become a defensive discussion lmao? Ok so maybe they have 2 switch kicks but they don't have 5, and yes the stunt on the far left in the 2nd row does go straight up (watch the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ_d3JIys8A) Regardless of injuries, alternates, or being sick those issues have nothing to do with the fact that they didn't have full team skills at this event and any of the other teams could most likely say the same thing but that doesn't matter

Whether they had a good enough routine to win or whether the deserved a paid bid was never in question. I would not insult a group of kids who work hard just like anyone else the way that others do in this board with the constant comparisons to Oranges competitors. However when someone says "well they have full team skills" and they then don't it shouldn't come as a shock that some says they don't because it's true lol. So please don't mistake this for anything more than a response to a false statement because I am not an Orange hater lol.

I agree with topxofxmyxgame and I do not think just because someone makes a comment others need to get so devensive. Orange performed the skills they did with precision and they are a top competitive team. They got a very well deserved bid. I am sure they will tweak their routine for Dallas, if they go, and for Worlds. Teams change and tweak their routine before most big competitions. I think the second and third place teams were great as well and should not be belittled just because Stingrays are a popular favorite team. Orlando, if they had hit, was an amazing team also and would have been right up there with their stunts and skill. This was one competition. Everyone needs to step back and stick to the facts not feelings and loyalties.

The Monkeys are an older band. Early 80's/late 70's if memory serves.

Oh, I was always thinking it was The Monkees...early 70's...I loved that show when I was a little girl! Davy Jones was dreamy.....
smile.png

The Monkeys are an older band. Early 80's/late 70's if memory serves.

Oh, I was always thinking it was The Monkees...early 70's...I loved that show when I was a little girl! Davy Jones was dreamy.....:)

edited to add- sorry about the double post, I got an error and then pressed post reply again...doh.

I'm not sure how in the world you guys took what i said as defensive??? First of all, im not the one who stated orange had full team skills. And i was giving a reason for the stunt on the far left going straight up, the backspot was an alternate? No defenses there, just stating the facts again. Sorry for the confusion i suppose?

Back