All-Star Cheersport Day 2 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just a small pet peeve about what I saw this weekend: athletes wearing championship tshirts from other competition company's like Jamfest. That's just rude.
Not sure I understand this??? rude??? to who??? Thanks would also be like wearing a NCA jacket or carrying a National Champion backpack don't you think??? Just asking??? Think athletes wear these because proud of accomplishments, or intimidation?? I have no problem with them showing their wins. Bet the wear there Cheersport Jackets to another competition.....

Just a small pet peeve about what I saw this weekend: athletes wearing championship tshirts from other competition company's like Jamfest. That's just rude.

My youngest daughter wears her NCA jacket to all her comps. And now that my oldest has a CHEERSPORT one I'm sure she'll wear it this weekend at NCA. They earned then they should wear them when ever they want

My youngest daughter wears her NCA jacket to all her comps. And now that my oldest has a CHEERSPORT one I'm sure she'll wear it this weekend at NCA. They earned then they should wear them when ever they want
One issue I heard was from a long time UCA staffer, it went like this:

"Team A was a traditional NCA powerhouse and decided to come to UCA nationals. They competed, did well and received 2nd place. After awards they went and put their NCA national champion jackets on and sat in front of the floor as a team. This caused a lot of upset people because they felt like they were insulting UCA."

This situation was a high school team and was many many years ago. This was also the foundation of why HS and College teams can't compete at multiple nationals

I look at it this way. Yes you have the right to wear what you want BUT I think it's a matter of respect for the competition you are at to be representing them. People always have the I can do what I want mentality and yes technically you have the right but it doesn't make it right. I don't think it's asking to much to only represent the competition you are at. Just my 2 cents :)

I look at it this way. Yes you have the right to wear what you want BUT I think it's a matter of respect for the competition you are at to be representing them. People always have the I can do what I want mentality and yes technically you have the right but it doesn't make it right. I don't think it's asking to much to only represent the competition you are at. Just my 2 cents :)

LOL! I just don't agree. I actually never even thought about that. I just don't see cheer events as a "sacred event" like I would church. At church, I would be all about appropriate, but at cheer comps, I am around grown women in hair bows and rhinestones and there is no sense of appropriate. More like a circus. Bring on the clowns!! (And that would bring us to the make up.) Butts hanging out, shorts and UGGs and so on. :D:p;) Um, I guess I don't have a lot of respect for competitions. They are not worthy to me.:rolleyes::cool:

A short statement on Orange and the weekend. While every win is highly appreciated, the way the weekend went and how they came to the win was not preferable. They lost a member mid routine (and no matter what team or whoever anywhere... even my own biggest competition I NEVER wish an injury on anyway) in a very dramatic fashion. They had to go backstage, quickly work in a substitute, and then finish the routine while one of their members was in obvious pain. They came back, were able to finish the routine, and hit their pyramid and second stunt sequence with an obvious omission. From a scoring standpoint I do agree with the day 1 scores. Their overall difficulty was a good bit higher than the teams in the division (though the other teams are quite talented). They had a 3 point lead going into day 2. (know that a 3 point lead actually translates to a 9 point lead when you compare to deductions... all deductions are taken off before the average).

Day two they brought in a replacement who worked with them to learn the routine completely as fast as she could. When you break down the parts they still fairly outscored most of the division in both tumbling sections, baskets, and the first stunt section. You could tell there was a lot of adjustments they weren't comfortable with, but that is because they went through a lot and had a lot to handle. And, in all reality, they did not win day 2. They were certain parts of the scoresheet I am sure they were still the highest, but based on their final score you can see day 2 was definitely not their best. It isn't like their tumbling score went down because of their pyramid, and even though transitions weren't the best cause of changes they still jumped on time.

So mathematically speaking a lot of this makes sense. Cheersport scoresheet does NOT have a lot of movement from day 1 to day 2. I would say 90% of the time in all the divisions very few of the placements change from day 1 to day 2. Not because of some conspiracy, but because mathematically thats how it works out.

So, do I think Orange deserved to win? When you think about it scoresheet wise, yes I see how the judges came to their conclusion. I think everyone is focussed on the big picture of just one day, instead of seeing the forrest for the trees. The end of a long line of calculations and scoring they did deserve it.

And, remember, this isn't the way anyone wanted the weekend to go for them (or any team, we also had an athlete dislocate her knee just playing around doing a cartwheel). Injuries, basically, suck. While I like to win as much as anyone, I wouldn't trade an athlete getting hurt for a national/world championship.

One issue I heard was from a long time UCA staffer, it went like this:

"Team A was a traditional NCA powerhouse and decided to come to UCA nationals. They competed, did well and received 2nd place. After awards they went and put their NCA national champion jackets on and sat in front of the floor as a team. This caused a lot of upset people because they felt like they were insulting UCA."

This situation was a high school team and was many many years ago. This was also the foundation of why HS and College teams can't compete at multiple nationals

This is different to me than random team members walking around in t-shirts or even jackets. This feels like an intentional slap in the face, as if they are saying "so what if we came in second here. At NCA, we won! So there :p" I can see how this would be upsetting to some.

Th
I didn't get to see Keystone (I was backstage w my Lrg Sr 3 team), but I heard from my parents Keystone was amazing. Congrats!!!
Thank you so much! Our girls are so excited and I am so proud of them! Every team in that divison was amazing! And Brandon kids were so nice!

Someone earlier on in these threads mentioned that Cheersport made $6 million dollars this weekend. That (in case there was ever any doubt) makes it a business. I can't imagine myself being concerned if I am wearing an item from any other type of business, into a competitor's location.

The only time you "are representing them" is when you wear their Cheersport jacket at Worlds and you are there with a Cheersport bid. Not while you are a paying customer in their "shop".

"So mathematically speaking a lot of this makes sense. Cheersport scoresheet does NOT have a lot of movement from day 1 to day 2. I would say 90% of the time in all the divisions very few of the placements change from day 1 to day 2. Not because of some conspiracy, but because mathematically thats how it works out."
kingston
Our coach told us day 2 would not change. It was a little sad though for the kids when they were close (less than 3 points) away day 1 and they hit clean day 2 and the other team has a stunt come all the way down to the floor, a nasty stunt bobble and a tumble bust but they win anyway, take the jacket and a bid(which we already have). I love the team who won and believe that they are amazing I just don't see how they could have stayed on top after such a rough day 2. I hope people don't think I am criticizing cheersport or the team.

Back