All-Star Cheersport Day 2 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

LOL! I just don't agree. I actually never even thought about that. I just don't see cheer events as a "sacred event" like I would church. At church, I would be all about appropriate, but at cheer comps, I am around grown women in hair bows and rhinestones and there is no sense of appropriate. More like a circus. Bring on the clowns!! (And that would bring us to the make up.) Butts hanging out, shorts and UGGs and so on. :D:p;) Um, I guess I don't have a lot of respect for competitions. They are not worthy to me.:rolleyes::cool:

Wow. Just wow.

I wanted to apologize for the comments on here that were offensive to other people, from this account. I was contacted by another mother, who caught her daughter on this site under this name posting things we didnt feel were appropiate, and were hurtful to other athletes and programs. There is a group of girls who have been using this screen name, my daughter included and were saying things we didn't feel represented them or what this sport should be about, and were reacting on emotion, and for teams that were'nt even on. All the athletes that compete in this sport should be commended for the hard work they put into their routines to perform at such a high level. The girls have been reprimanded and have been removed from using this board, and were told to delete their messages. Unfortunately we have trouble figuring out how to delete content and would appreciate help if someone knows how. The comments that were made on here also are not representative or have any particular affiliation to a gym. To that I also want to apologize to any gyms who's name was used in a poor light. These girls were repeating things that they heard, and not facts that they confirmed. These are not bad kids, but made poor decisions by posting without thinking, something as an adult we hopefully learned. Congradulations to all teams who competed no matter if you won or loss, keep up the hard work. To the girls and athletes who were injured this weekend, we hope to heal quickly and get back on the floor. Thank you for your understanding on the emotional posts that were put up on board under this account, I think the intentions were not what came out, although it still does not make it correct, and us parents will try our best to control it on our end. Good luck to everyone the rest of the year and thank you for your understanding.

I wanted to apologize for the comments on here that were offensive to other people, from this account. I was contacted by another mother, who caught her daughter on this site under this name posting things we didnt feel were appropiate, and were hurtful to other athletes and programs. There is a group of girls who have been using this screen name, my daughter included and were saying things we didn't feel represented them or what this sport should be about, and were reacting on emotion, and for teams that were'nt even on. All the athletes that compete in this sport should be commended for the hard work they put into their routines to perform at such a high level. The girls have been reprimanded and have been removed from using this board, and were told to delete their messages. Unfortunately we have trouble figuring out how to delete content and would appreciate help if someone knows how. The comments that were made on here also are not representative or have any particular affiliation to a gym. To that I also want to apologize to any gyms who's name was used in a poor light. These girls were repeating things that they heard, and not facts that they confirmed. These are not bad kids, but made poor decisions by posting without thinking, something as an adult we hopefully learned. Congradulations to all teams who competed no matter if you won or loss, keep up the hard work. To the girls and athletes who were injured this weekend, we hope to heal quickly and get back on the floor. Thank you for your understanding on the emotional posts that were put up on board under this account, I think the intentions were not what came out, although it still does not make it correct, and us parents will try our best to control it on our end. Good luck to everyone the rest of the year and thank you for your understanding.
They don't allow you to delete posts because of this reason exactly, they don't want people saying mean comments just to delete them and claim they didn't. You can contact kingston, but Im not sure he'd do anything, but he is from the gym being talked about.

Someone earlier on in these threads mentioned that Cheersport made $6 million dollars this weekend. That (in case there was ever any doubt) makes it a business. I can't imagine myself being concerned if I am wearing an item from any other type of business, into a competitor's location.

The only time you "are representing them" is when you wear their Cheersport jacket at Worlds and you are there with a Cheersport bid. Not while you are a paying customer in their "shop".

Like I said everyone has their right to do as they please, and maybe they don't "deserve" it in people's eyes, however how do we teach our children to give respect even if they feel like it's not warranted if we ourselves don't do it. I don't walk around thinking less of someone who does it, nor am I going to gossip or rant about it. We don't do it plain and simple.

For the sake of keeping this place civil I believe it is better those comments remain up. Whether people choose it, write it in their signature, or what not, what you say does reflect on you, your favorite gym, your actual gym, or the avatar by your post.

Like I said everyone has their right to do as they please, and maybe they don't "deserve" it in people's eyes, however how do we teach our children to give respect even if they feel like it's not warranted if we ourselves don't do it. I don't walk around thinking less of someone who does it, nor am I going to gossip or rant about it. We don't do it plain and simple.
I can see where you could use this opportunity to teach your children something you believe in. And of course that is your choice. It can also be the choice of the gym to administer this policy.

But I don't think people who choose to do this should be viewed negatively - nor should their programs. I would compare it to saying you can never wear a Northface jacket in a Columbia store. Or a Coach purse into a Gucci store. All are clothing items. All are retail establishments, selling a product. You aren't getting paid to wear them.

I can see where you could use this opportunity to teach your children something you believe in. And of course that is your choice. It can also be the choice of the gym to administer this policy.

But I don't think people who choose to do this should be viewed negatively - nor should their programs. I would compare it to saying you can never wear a Northface jacket in a Columbia store. Or a Coach purse into a Gucci store. All are clothing items. All are retail establishments, selling a product. You aren't getting paid to wear them.

I agree with this. Our gym's rule is a rule for a specific purpose, and I wouldn't think any less of gyms that have different policies surrounding what their kids wear at competitions.

Completely agree. We dont need the comments but the ranking sheet should include each teams score from each section. It's hard to be better if u don't understand where u were outscored..

Agreed, I really wish ALL companies did this. right now I know that NCA gives this information to you after you compete and I appreciate that. Jam Brands DO NOT give you that, just the total score.

LOL! I just don't agree. I actually never even thought about that. I just don't see cheer events as a "sacred event" like I would church. At church, I would be all about appropriate, but at cheer comps, I am around grown women in hair bows and rhinestones and there is no sense of appropriate. More like a circus. Bring on the clowns!! (And that would bring us to the make up.) Butts hanging out, shorts and UGGs and so on. :D:p;) Um, I guess I don't have a lot of respect for competitions. They are not worthy to me.:rolleyes::cool:

I will agree that cheer can be a spectical. But if you don't respect competitions, you don't respect what your daughter does. Which means you don't respect your daughter. You sound like the kind of mom who will sit in the lobby and talk sh*t on kids n moms the week after ur kid touched down. Not worthy to you? Well God forbid the competitive platform in which we love doesn't measure up to your standards.. You're obviously someone of such high stature, that's why your a mom on the fierce boards living out your failed cheer ambitions through your kid.

Ohhh we're not worthy, we're not worthy! Someone save us from these awful women in their rine stones and uggs, Ohhh the humanity.............

shut up. get the hell out of our sport.

Although this thread is now locked, I need to respond to Rockstar. I know ufomom personally and you completely took what she said out of context. Obviously you have no sense of humor and could not recognize she was being sarcastic. She is not that type of mom at all. Don't ever speak to someone on this board that way again. You are entitled to your opinion but you are not entitled to speak to anyone on this board in that manner.

Latest posts

Back