All-Star Cheersport Mobile Leaderboard

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Bwahaha. I am going off what chips have been ordered in China by Apple. No LTE as far as I know, but NFC will be HUGE! Paying with your phone and setting your phone next to a computer will turn on certain things.

How is it possible that I haven't heard of NFC? I know CDMA, GSM, the future LTE, I follow all the tech and gadget blogs. Wtf is NFC??

ETA: Found it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_field_communication), but it looks like AT&T is the one supporting it, not Verizon.

How is it possible that I haven't heard of NFC? I know CDMA, GSM, the future LTE, I follow all the tech and gadget blogs. Wtf is NFC??

ETA: Found it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_field_communication), but it looks like AT&T is the one supporting it, not Verizon.

It is more a standard like bluetooh. Verizon doesn't need to support it if the hardware and software running on the phone takes cares of it. NFC will be very short range, you can tap to pay for things. What runs on the backend would be an app in ways that is already supported.

NFC isnt anything new either. Certain companies have been trying to get this out for several years. Seems like there are big advances, then nothing happens... I used to work for a payments company, and they've had NFC technology for over 2 years now in their payment software. But no one seems to be pushing for NFC payments from a phone in the US.

And all of you are familiar with NFC. You may not realize it though. All of your credit cards that you can just tap at certain payment devices utilize NFC technology. I know that all of my AmEx, MasterCard, and Visa cards all have the ability to do this.

NFC is a much bigger deal overseas than it is here, although a lot of the major banks are either investing in or actually doing pilots of the technology (for payment processing) in the U.S.

We were just at the GWCC for the Own the Dome Cheersport Grand and I was able to get service and I have AT&T. I usually have issues at the International Convention Center during Battle, but not with Cheersport. Granted warmups for this past weekend weren't in the BC Connector, but I was able to get reception in the Arenas. We shall see....

I have AT&T and I get reception in downtown Atlanta the only trouble I run into is when I am trying to use the internet in a place filled with other users. I know whenever we go to games or concerts it is almost impossible to get things to load. I am really excited Cheersport will be doing this!

I heard the iPhone 5 will be Bluetooth enabled. Which means if you have a Bluetooth enabled computer you can sync/update wirelessly.

I have AT&T and I get reception in downtown Atlanta the only trouble I run into is when I am trying to use the internet in a place filled with other users. I know whenever we go to games or concerts it is almost impossible to get things to load. I am really excited Cheersport will be doing this!
That should not be an issue at cheersport, 900 teams @ avg 16, plus 2 spectators per athlete, and cheersport staff should roughly equal out to about 45,000 folks per day at the GWCC

That should not be an issue at cheersport, 900 teams @ avg 16, plus 2 spectators per athlete, and cheersport staff should roughly equal out to about 45,000 folks per day at the GWCC

Haha. Though I will not put this one on CheerSport. They are putting the info out there and making it available. Us Verizon folks will be happy to share all info with anyone from AT&T. And, if you really have to see it on an iPhone, I am sure a couple Verizon iPhones will be there.

I should be on my LTE Verizon Thunderbolt at that, so if you would like the scores in broadband, just holla.

Back