All-Star Cheersport Nationals 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CHEERSPORT awards leather sleeved jackets to our National Champions in Level 5, Level 6 and Special Needs. All other National Champions receive a “fleece” jacket. We have awarded National Champion Jackets this way for the past 8 years. The reason we do this is to provide a little “tip of our hat” to the athletes that have reached the highest levels of our sport. The cost of the different jackets isn’t a consideration because there is a minimal cost difference. Like virtually every decision CHEERSPORT makes, we have continually surveyed our customers about this and the overwhelming majority like this policy once they understand why we do it this way. Thanks for giving us an opportunity to explain.
I guess that adds fuel to the "we only pay attention to level 5" fire. I never even noticed their were diff jackets. Anyway does anyone have a picture of the lower level version?

Level 5 (and 6 but not positive) and special needs get the leather sleeved jackets and levels 1-4 always got a heavy material (kind of like a tweed) jacket, but last year there was a mix of both those and the fleece jackets, (I am guessing they were just getting rid of what they had left for the heavier level 1-4 jackets) so I figured they would go to all fleece jackets this year for levels 1-4. I don't think they look as "prestigious" and look more like most of the other jackets/sweatshirts from any other comp, but I guess for the winners who live in warmer climates they make more sense. They are still very nice jackets and between the jackets and individual medals and banners and trophies Cheersport still does it right with awards!
Thanks for the clarification. I have only been to Cheersport once. The only jackets I have seen are those with leather and I always thought it was a real acknowledgement of the achievement.

I guess that adds fuel to the "we only pay attention to level 5" fire. I never even noticed their were diff jackets. Anyway does anyone have a picture of the lower level version?

Sorry, but it's just not true. If it were true, they wouldn't have 900+ teams at Nationals.

I don't have a picture but they are very nice jackets.

Sorry, but it's just not true. If it were true, they wouldn't have 900+ teams at Nationals.

I don't have a picture but they are very nice jackets.
I agree with you. I was responding to theultimatefan's comment "more fuel to the -only higher level teams matter-fire". I was saying the fact that they have been giving 2 diff jackets for years and we never even noticed the other, means that WE (the fans) only pay attention to the higher level teams. We are just as bad as we try to make the event producers seem. I guess I should have written all that the first time, but since I knew what I was talking about it made sense to me as written, lol

Here's the jacket that was given to level 2 in 2010. I believe these were also given out last year. They are just like the leather ones except they are made of a cotton.

ok, i truly did have a picture in there, but it disappeared when I posted. How do I include a picture??? Thanks

ok, i truly did have a picture in there, but it disappeared when I posted. How do I include a picture??? Thanks

When you are posting, there is a little picture image at the top of what you are typing. Click it and paste in the url for the picture.

When you are posting, there is a little picture image at the top of what you are typing. Click it and paste in the url for the picture.

But what about if I just have a .jpg file?

But what about if I just have a .jpg file?

Then you have to upload it to Photo Bucket or some other internet sharing site. The board doesn't actually host any of the pictures.

IMAG0492.jpg
IMAG0493.jpg

Cheersport lower level jackets given out two years ago. The look like the level 5 leather ones but they are cotton (no fleece). These were also given out last year but some fleece jackets were also given out last year, i think to rec teams got the fleece ones.

.... thanks for the photo uploading lesson ACEDAD

So what does this mean for this year? Are all level 1-4 getting fleece or cotton? A fleece is basically a zip up hoodie as compared with a cotton button jacket similar to the leather sleeved ones. There is a difference in styling...cotton jackets similar to lec 5/6 leather sleeved are much nicer than a fleece IMO.

Last year we got fleece and we were a senior 4 all star team

ETA It's basically like a North Face jacket with the Cheersport logo on the front left side and the same Cheersport National Champions graphic on the back

IMAG0492.jpg
IMAG0493.jpg

Cheersport lower level jackets given out two years ago. The look like the level 5 leather ones but they are cotton (no fleece). These were also given out last year but some fleece jackets were also given out last year, i think to rec teams got the fleece ones.

.... thanks for the photo uploading lesson ACEDAD
Our Senior Co-Ed 4 won last year and got the fleece jackets. They're awesome. Besides, I think it's more about what the jacket says than whether its cotton or fleece or whatever. Its a Cheersport National Champion jacket...it could be made out of steel wool...how many people in this sport will EVER walk away with one of those?! That's an achievement no matter what it's made of.

Our Senior Co-Ed 4 won last year and got the fleece jackets. They're awesome. Besides, I think it's more about what the jacket says than whether its cotton or fleece or whatever. Its a Cheersport National Champion jacket...it could be made out of steel wool...how many people in this sport will EVER walk away with one of those?! That's an achievement no matter what it's made of.

So happy to hear you loved the fleece jackets! My only preference for cotton is that dog hair doesn't stick to it as much as fleece! : )

Does anyone have a picture of the fleece jacket? Is that what is pictured above? :confused:

Back