All-Star Cheersport Nationals More Important To Atlanta Than Nba All-star Game

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

quietmom

Cheer Parent
Jul 12, 2012
34q8axl.jpg

Honestly, I'm not trying to downplay this, but read the second paragraph. Atlanta was not going to pursue it whether Cheersport was that weekend or not because New Orleans had basically already been picked as the host city. But let's plaster this all over social media so that "the powers that be" can say "see, this is why we NEED stay to play. We are saving cheerleading!".
Champions League proved that it doesn't matter if you have a contract or STP in place, you are going to get screwed if a major event is in the same location. I understand that Cheersport and NCA bring in far more people (and therefor revenue) than one NBA game does, but that doesn't mean that a city wouldn't think twice about having a major event coincide with a cheerleading competition whether STP was in place or not.

Ummm... why is this a bad thing? Cheerleading events are highly profitable for the city.

Would we rather they ditch the cheer event for impromptu NBA allstar game?

I don't think that it is bad or good. At the end of the day, it's business. It just surprises me honestly. I didn't think that Atlanta really noticed Cheersport at all really and viewed Cheersport Nationals so favorably. Seeing it specifically mentioned as a reason to not push for something like the NBA allstar games was unexpected.

I don't think that it is bad or good. At the end of the day, it's business. It just surprises me honestly. I didn't think that Atlanta really noticed Cheersport at all really and viewed Cheersport Nationals so favorably. Seeing it specifically mentioned as a reason to not push for something like the NBA allstar games was unexpected.

CHEERSPORT is the largest money maker after the Peach Bowl for the city I think.

Even before my employment I had no problems with stay to play. These are large events that takeover a cities hotel rooms. The cities are the ones who demanded the stay to play. And, because of them, they probably saved cheersport from getting bumped because of the allstar game.

Oh Atlanta notices Cheersport. For years, I can remember taxi's telling me they loved when we came to town. We brought more money into the city than anything else.

Ummm... why is this a bad thing? Cheerleading events are highly profitable for the city.

Cheersport is in the top ten for the city of Atlanta.

Cheersport is in the top ten for the city of Atlanta.

I'd always heard second biggest. Of course it can be surpassed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd always heard second biggest. Of course it can be surpassed.

Oops sorry, I responded before I saw your comment on ranking 2nd. I didn't know the exact rank but, knew Atlanta would much rather have Cheersport that's yearly over an NBA event they might get once every 10 years.

I don't think anyone said it was a bad thing. My concerns are with the powers that be who will use this as their defense to STP and insist that STP saved cheerleading and we will continue to be forced to pay triple the standard rate for hotels. If Cheersport brings so much money to Atlanta (and I believe it does), then we don't need STP to anchor the date and location.

I don't think anyone said it was a bad thing. My concerns are with the powers that be who will use this as their defense to STP and insist that STP saved cheerleading and we will continue to be forced to pay triple the standard rate for hotels. If Cheersport brings so much money to Atlanta (and I believe it does), then we don't need STP to anchor the date and location.
Exactly! The hotels know when it is happening and can rely on good ole supply and demand rather than someone else stepping in to take a share of their profit.

Latest posts

Back