All-Star Cheersport Natl New Policy

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hmmmmm. Linked ads in posts... not actually added by the post's author. Hover over it and you get a text box that says "Link added by VigLink." Is this something new, @king ? If so... hmmm. It is not unless you hover over it that you get an indication that the person writing the post didn't actually intend for the link to be there. That kind of... sucks. I understand this is a "free" board that costs actual money to maintain... these kind of things seem rather... untoward. My overuse of ellipses is due to the fact that I respect that this site needs to bring in revenue but wish that there were other ways to do so.

They're not that new, but in my experience they come and go. I see them for awhile and then I don't. It can be annoying because I tend to highlight when I read, but hey, it costs money to run something so big.

It is Viglink and it is a necessity of the board. It now costs around 6K a year to keep this thing up and running.

Got it. I understand that wishing that such links were unnecessary brings in about as much revenue as magical unicorns do. Also that a Fierceboard carwash fundraiser would probably be equally unsuccessful. I'd rather deal with my petty annoyances than not have FB.

It is Viglink and it is a necessity of the board. It now costs around 6K a year to keep this thing up and running.
is it one of those ads that you get money if people click on it? i had no idea it costed that much to run this and id go click crazy if that'd help ;)

is it one of those ads that you get money if people click on it? i had no idea it costed that much to run this and id go click crazy if that'd help ;)

The google ads are the ones that make that money. Viglink only works if people buy what they clicked on. Doesn't happen a ton.

Cheer comps are cash only because it saves on those pesky cc feeds and makes it easier to (cough) not claim all that taxable income! Just try asking for a receipt sometime...If they were on the up and up, that request wouldn't be met with a blank stare followed by a "your bracelet can serve as a receipt". Oh really, because nowhere on this paper bracelet does it show how much I paid. I'm sure the IRS will accept it!

As far as Varsity and their "big debt"... ;) ummmm no lol!

Youth and amateur sports for 18 year olds and under are generally exempt from taxes on their admissions. I will be honest, however, I'm not a CPA and I don't follow tax laws by state. Just out of curiousity, what were you trying to claim on your taxes with a receipt?;)

As far as corporate debt, they all have it, it is part of business and expansion costs and Varsity is no exception. They continue to expand their branding in clothing/shoes/props, events, governing/regulation and overseas. Varsity has big debt, and they need big income to succeed. Right now, cheer can't afford for Varsity not to succeed. I'm all for other EP's coming in, go Paula Abdul but, cheer is not to the point it can bite the sole hand that feeds it.

Back