Cheersport Updates Day 2 (sunday)

Discussion in 'CHEERSPORT' started by mstealtoyou, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Jersey Cheer Mom

Jersey Cheer Mom Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Congratulations!!!!! I was so happy to see your results on Day 1. Had too many problems with Dartfish, so I didn't see the performances. But I was definitely rooting for you guys! I had predicted both of these teams would win!! (Predicted and hoped!!) ;) :cheering:

2. gymcatmomx2

gymcatmomx2 When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    For some reason, I always feel that parents and cheerleaders of small gyms have to defend ourselves when it comes to crossovers and we shouldn't have to. There is a legitimate reason why the larger events have small gym divisions. To consider a gym that uses crossovers as sandbagging is ridiculous. Our small gym uses 5 crossovers (NCA maximum) between our Jr 4 and Sr 4, plus we have some that crossover to our lower level teams which is why only our level 4 teams are going. I noticed that there were several large gyms that are using crossovers at NCA as well. When the majority of the team has the appropriate level skill set and 3 or 4 have skills that may be higher isn't sandbagging, it's surviving.

3. ufomom

ufomom I have my own cheer message board

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Music Mixer
    Not to mention impact on your job! It's too much. I understand for parents with kids competing in just one or the other, it would be fun. But both...yikes!!

4. CricketCheerMom

CricketCheerMom I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Congratulations! I hope you attend! We are hoping to get a bid this weekend!

5. CheerMomNTx

CheerMomNTx I think I can mix Cheer Music

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    CheermomNTx
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I think I am finally recovering from Cheersport. My CP's team came home as champions and we couldn't be more excited. Our Y2 won a paid to summit and I believe they will be going. I missed the large senior division because I was with the team so really bummed about that but will have time at NCA to catch that division. So many amazing teams this year and, it was so crowded compared to last year. I didn't get to see the mayhem of ppl standing on chairs to see certain teams but I could only imagine. Now time to focus on NCA!!

6. CheerMomNTx

CheerMomNTx I think I can mix Cheer Music

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    CheermomNTx
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    We were able to watch their Jr. 2 team in the back during warmups and they were amazing!!!!

7. blingmeup

blingmeup I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    And big time congrats to the World Cup Starlites. They're one of the most talented teams I've seen! GREAT kids too. They did a "Supercells" chant when our kids were getting their 2nd place trophy, and was great to see kids from both teams congratulating and hugging each other when WC won their jackets! Proud of all those athletes! We all had a blast hanging with the Starlites parents and kids after the comp and developed some great bonds too! :)

8. cfwp.cheerleader

cfwp.cheerleader Last Pass... on International Open 1

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    for those who were asking -
    Canadian teams must get their bid in Canada. Cheersport announced during awards 'Not eligible for bids as they are from Canada"

9. cheerinatorXdad

cheerinatorXdad Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Yeah, I saw this tweet too and was there but missed this. Anyone know what exactly happened?

10. Cheeranswers

Cheeranswers Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    not just about surviving.. but if a child wants to push themselves to be on more than one team then why not.. a lot of crossovers base on one level and top on another. why shouldnt they be able to do that.. i was on two teams two years ago and it really helped me improve in all aspects. i think its great for the athletes!

11. ACEDAD

ACEDAD Named "Best Veteran" meaning "Most Attractive". National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    billpresson
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Verified Member:
    Bill Presson
    USASF Hall of Fame Member
    Correct, unless they request a waiver which some teams have done previously.

12. mommadonna

mommadonna Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Lava and the Angels (special needs) were the only ones that went. Hopefully the program will go next year due to Varsity buying Cheersport.

13. Bcheercoach

Bcheercoach Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I talked to their social media rep afterwards. She said they had a SF and I think a few tumbling issues. But the kids looked incredibly upset to just have those mistakes. Perhaps those deductions resulted in injury?

14. cheermommaRN

cheermommaRN Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    krystynakrez That Emeralds team is simply amazing! I don't know what they feed kids there but can you package it and send out here?
    Another great Jr 2 team was Cheertyme...they came in 2nd in that division...6 one mans (one of which was coed)!
    NCA will be interesting because most of those teams will meet up again!

15. WCMAN

WCMAN When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I have no problem with crossovers but instead of small gym- big gym divisions, which makes no sense because there are big gyms out there that also use a boat load of crossovers . They should make a crossover (3 or more) and non-crossover (2 or less ) divisions. Then there would be nothing to say.