All-Star Cheersport's Video Guide To Their Scoresheet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Question: the level 4 jump then pause then tuck.

Our junior coed 4 does Toe Touch Pretty Girl ( With one foot remaining on the ground ) tuck.. Is this illegal? We have competed it all year including cheersport reg. It actually placed us in the high range.. Is this now illegal? Just at cheersport nationals? It's legal for level 4 according to usasf

This is very interesting, thanks for posting! All of this time, I've been under the impression that a level 2 pass that is front walkover ro bhs would be considered more difficulty than ro 2bhs because of the combination skill. I will definitely be making some changes to my tumbling section before cheersport!:)

The post above kinda answers my question...however

I found the video very informing but I also know very little about scoring. Were there any surprises to any of the veteran coaches or judges out there or is this basics that all coaches know?

This is very interesting, thanks for posting! All of this time, I've been under the impression that a level 2 pass that is front walkover ro bhs would be considered more difficulty than ro 2bhs because of the combination skill. I will definitely be making some changes to my tumbling section before cheersport!:)

That is interesting, because the JAM scoresheet is just the opposite.

Wow, that vid was very informative. This is definately proof why there needs to be a more universal scoring system across the board. I understand Coaches are to be kept on their toes and challenged but having such a mismatch in what is legal and what scores higher, etc to be so vastly different from one comp to another is ridiculous.

Remember as long as a certain amount of skills are thrown to get into range, it doesn't matter- BULLET POINTS increase your score. :) helpful tip.

The only thing I don't like about this is that I feel it basically encourages recycling tumblers. A level 3 team that only has 12 girls who throw tucks, could score exactly the same as a team that has 24 girls doing tucks, as long as the 12 girls each tumble twice. I love Cheersport and love a lot of their scoring, especially their emphasis on CLEAN routines, however this one just bothers me a little.

The only thing I don't like about this is that I feel it basically encourages recycling tumblers. A level 3 team that only has 12 girls who throw tucks, could score exactly the same as a team that has 24 girls doing tucks, as long as the 12 girls each tumble twice. I love Cheersport and love a lot of their scoring, especially their emphasis on CLEAN routines, however this one just bothers me a little.
It recycles EVERYTHING, in a sense. As long as you do two stunt sequences of whatever is in your level (and for level 5, a straight up stunt, body positions, double down IS enough to get you points), even if it's not the whole team and it's just certain stunt groups, you can still get there that way. Same with tosses (because they want multiple body positions so you're going to have to do more than the 'group toss'.

Question though: In level 5, would fulls NOT be counted as skills because of SO5? In the video he was saying how skills below your level don't count, would SO5 change that, or because it is still technically a level 5, even though restricted, fulls still count? I feel like I'm over-thinking this way too much.

I think my favorite line is "At this level there isn't much variety, unless you blow a kiss or do something with your arm" HA HA HA HA

Question: the level 4 jump then pause then tuck.

Our junior coed 4 does Toe Touch Pretty Girl ( With one foot remaining on the ground ) tuck.. Is this illegal? We have competed it all year including cheersport reg. It actually placed us in the high range.. Is this now illegal? Just at cheersport nationals? It's legal for level 4 according to usasf

It's not illegal, you're just not going to get credit for the "connected" skills.
You can't do ANY motion between the jump and the tumbling skill in order to get credit for connecting them (even though they aren't connected). You have to basically stand there for 1 count before you set for the tuck.

Back