All-Star Cheersquad

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I feel like cheer is still just such an under raited sport! Anyone else remember the shows Cheerleader Nation and Cheerleader U back in the day? Those did okay on TLC, but even then I feel like they weren't super hits. People just don't know about all star cheer unless they involved in it, so sadly great shows and teams don't get the recognition they deserve. I face the same thing on a much smaller scale when I try to get people interested in my books about all star cheer as well. It's just a world people don't understand....

Pretty sure Cheerleader Nation was Lifetime and Cheerleader U was WE or Oxygen. Cheer U did well enough to get 2 or 3 seasons. I know for sure there was at least 1 UK season (maybe two) and then a UCF season

I don't think all star cheer is interesting to people not affiliated with it. College and HS cheerleading shows worked because most people have opinions (positive and negative), memories about cheerleaders (positive and negative) and affiliation with high school or college cheer....so there's a connection

From the outside all star cheer makes no sense

I could even see someone watching Cheer Squad wondering why these 25/26 year old women are still doing this because in their eyes, cheerleading is something "children" do. It's not an "adult" activity

All of that said, I'm sure if they'd taking a Dance Mom's or Tiger Perfection approach to the show with younger kids, it unfortunately would have been more popular ....but as it stands nobody cares about the blood, sweat and tears 20 somethings put into all star

Btw @DanaBurkey I tried to review your book for inclusion in our collection (middle school librarian) but print copies aren't available and it was available through our vendor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I look at AS the same way I look at football or any other sport. I would love for someone to follow LAG around all season. It's a small enough division they could introduce us to the majority of the teams at 8-10 comps leading up to World's, and develop the rivalry enough to create normal sport drama. I want to see them compete, the awards, the bids and the fight, so to speak, to the finish line. No one wants to watch 45 minutes of football players doing drills, man bunning their hair, and discussing crushes for 9 shows leading up to the Super Bowl.

Pretty sure Cheerleader Nation was Lifetime and Cheerleader U was WE or Oxygen. Cheer U did well enough to get 2 or 3 seasons. I know for sure there was at least 1 UK season (maybe two) and then a UCF season

I don't think all star cheer is interesting to people not affiliated with it. College and HS cheerleading shows worked because most people have opinions (positive and negative), memories about cheerleaders (positive and negative) and affiliation with high school or college cheer....so there's a connection

From the outside all star cheer makes no sense

I could even see someone watching Cheer Squad wondering why these 25/26 year old women are still doing this because in their eyes, cheerleading is something "children" do. It's not an "adult" activity

All of that said, I'm sure if they'd taking a Dance Mom's or Tiger Perfection approach to the show with younger kids, it unfortunately would have been more popular ....but as it stands nobody cares about the blood, sweat and tears 20 somethings put into all star

Btw @DanaBurkey I tried to review your book for inclusion in our collection (middle school librarian) but print copies aren't available and it was available through our vendor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure the trouble you are having with my book. Message me though and I can see what I can do on my end. :)

Back