All-Star CJA to star in new cheerleading series!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Central Jersey Allstars has signed on with a major TV Production Company for a new docu-series that will chronicle our 2010-2011 Allstar Cheerleading season!

Is a docu-series a documentary or a reality show? If it's a documentary there is a slim chance that cheerleaders, coaches and parents will be portrayed in a positive light. If it is a reality show then there is 0% chance that it/they will be portrayed in a positive light.

I'm happy for CJA since this is something they want (or they would not have signed on) and I'm sure in the next couple of years it will help them grow (and have less of a need for crossovers, haha) but I hope it doesn't give outsiders a negative image of the sport.

Is a docu-series a documentary or a reality show? If it's a documentary there is a slim chance that cheerleaders, coaches and parents will be portrayed in a positive light. If it is a reality show then there is 0% chance that it/they will be portrayed in a positive light.

I'm happy for CJA since this is something they want (or they would not have signed on) and I'm sure in the next couple of years it will help them grow (and have less of a need for crossovers, haha) but I hope it doesn't give outsiders a negative image of the sport.

Docuseries: a documentary that is telecast in a series of programs

Documentary: A work, such as a film or television program, presenting political, social, or historical subject matter in a factual and informative manner and often consisting of actual news films or interviews accompanied by narration.

So a documentary does not necessarily portray positive or negative information about it's topic. It gives a view of what is taking place within it's subject matter at the time. I think the all star cheerleading industry will be proud of the content, and the world will get to meet some really great people who are passionate about their jobs!

The last opportunity to try-out begins today! Come be a part of history in the making! www.centraljerseyallstars.net 1-877-411-4CJA or 732-754-9633

Last year Discovery channel was starting a cheerleading series on youth all star programs here in Cali. Pacific Coast Magic's Mini's level 1 & CA's Mini level 1 were involved, but they cancelled right before filming because of the harsh labor laws in California and not calling it a documentary in the beginning. They were trying for a "Pageant Moms series" and soon came to find out that the industry wasnt any where near what they expected and started the ball rolling in another direction. The producers were really into it and it was fun while it lasted. They told us that they might take it to another state. Wonder if this is it? Good luck with the series and take it from me they like to add a little flair to it for the ratings. So not everything you see might not be exactly like it really is.

Hopefully Ronnie, Vinny, Mike, and Pauly D will join so they can go co-ed. :p
just kiddding!

That's so cool though! Show them that cheerleading has evolved from just sideline cheers and that we are true athletes!

Jersey Shore

There actually used to be a team called "Jersey Shore" some years ago. They were really good. I think of them every time I hear the name. They evolved into what is now Spirit Factory from Toms River NJ.

Docuseries: a documentary that is telecast in a series of programs

Documentary: A work, such as a film or television program, presenting political, social, or historical subject matter in a factual and informative manner and often consisting of actual news films or interviews accompanied by narration.

So a documentary does not necessarily portray positive or negative information about it's topic. It gives a view of what is taking place within it's subject matter at the time. I think the all star cheerleading industry will be proud of the content, and the world will get to meet some really great people who are passionate about their jobs!

The last opportunity to try-out begins today! Come be a part of history in the making! www.centraljerseyallstars.net 1-877-411-4CJA or 732-754-9633

I wish CJA all the best, but I do think there is a strong possibility that the producers could portray cheerleading much like pageants in "Toddlers and Tiaras", particularly with the recent national "is cheerleading a sport" news coverage. I hope it is more like the Dunbar HS cheerleading series and all aspects of cheerleading are shown rather than putting a negative angle on the sport to drum up ratings!

Can't reveal the channel due to contractual, legal reasons, but it's one that everyone has tuned into at least once for something they love ;)

Back