All-Star Classiest Gyms?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CEA always seems classy to me. Never have I seen/hear any negative actions from any of their teams. At worlds 2010 when they announced WC as 2nd they jumped up and cheered immediately... but come on, who wouldnt cheer as soon as they found out they won worlds? I love CEA and they're never too cocky, revealing, provocative, etc. I don't like, however, how some members of the "Teal Army" will defend CEA but not always in a classy way (cursing, bagging on other teams, being overly cocky, etc.). If you're a part of the Teal Army I think we ("we" as in the teal army including myself) should represent CEA just as positively as any of the athletes would. :)

CEA always seems classy to me. Never have I seen/hear any negative actions from any of their teams. At worlds 2010 when they announced WC as 2nd they jumped up and cheered immediately... but come on, who wouldnt cheer as soon as they found out they won worlds? I love CEA and they're never too cocky, revealing, provocative, etc. I don't like, however, how some members of the "Teal Army" will defend CEA but not always in a classy way (cursing, bagging on other teams, being overly cocky, etc.). If you're a part of the Teal Army I think we ("we" as in the teal army including myself) should represent CEA just as positively as any of the athletes would. :)
Absolutely!

quite a few teams actually have had the respect not to.

quite a few teams actually have had the respect not to.

I still fail to see why we've deemed cheering when second place is called "low class". Is there ANY other sport that considers acknowledging a win "distasteful"?

In football, teams rush the field the moment the game is over. Olympic swimmers cheer the second they touch the wall. Gymnasts get excited and start hugging their coaches and teammates as soon as their competitor's scores are announced. Hockey teams leave the bench and tackle each other on the ice when the final buzzer goes off.

It is a very typical practice in athletics. Why is it considered tacky when cheering?

Because in cheer, EVERYONE has to feel AWESOME. EVERYONE has to win a trophy or ribbon or something. EVERYONE needs to feel warm and fuzzy. Good sportsmanship is a great thing to promote. But celebrating a win is not offensive to me. I am not saying I would be THRILLED if my kids stood up and made a scene before their team was called, but I don't HATE when teams do it. I used to, then I just got over it. You just WON...be proud and celebrate. Sportsmanship yes....but it is a COMPETITIVE SPORT. The end goal is to WIN.

I still fail to see why we've deemed cheering when second place is called "low class". Is there ANY other sport that considers acknowledging a win "distasteful"?

In football, teams rush the field the moment the game is over. Olympic swimmers cheer the second they touch the wall. Gymnasts get excited and start hugging their coaches and teammates as soon as their competitor's scores are announced. Hockey teams leave the bench and tackle each other on the ice when the final buzzer goes off.

It is a very typical practice in athletics. Why is it considered tacky when cheering?

I agree, and I never said that it's not just as bad in other sports, and I agree with @cheerinfo near the end of their post, I just think some teams need to have a little more respect and not throw your whole celebration before your name is even called. One thing I noticed that I thought was good, were the girls from F5 congratulating girls from Stars while celebrating.

I just think some teams need to have a little more respect and not throw your whole celebration before your name is even called.

whyyyy? the 2nd place team can celebrate with their family, teammates, fans, stalkers, etc. while the first place does the same. like its no shock that the 1st place team wonnnn. its no big deal....

if i ever won worlds there is no way i'd have the self control to hold myself together after they called the 2nd place team's name. heck...they'd probably be able to hear my shrieking all the way in the magic kingdom. i always thought that it was weird that celebrating is so condemned. i mean take a look at miss america...nobody yells at her for tweaking out after they announce the first runner-up!

Back