Coach Aj From Ece

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
The staff & cheerleaders of East Celebrity Elite would like to ask that everyone in the cheer industry keep our coach Amy "AJ" Jones in your thoughts & prayers. AJ is 27 years old and was diagnosed last year (shortly before Worlds) with stage 4 rectal cancer which has since metastasized to her lungs. She has undergone several surgeries, radiation & chemotherapy. At this time it Is understood that these methods are not going to save AJ's life since the cancer has again advanced.

AJ is relied upon upon by the hundreds of kids that she touches each day. Recently at work AJ told us, "I forget I'm even sick when I'm with my kids". She truly loves her job and the athletes she coaches. Those that know AJ, know she still has so much more to give with her friendly, outgoing and positive personality. At ECE, AJ coaches most all of our CT cheer teams and is also solely responsible for our entire dance program. For the past two seasons, AJ's Senior Dance team has won gold at USASF's Dance Worlds.

We ask that you keep AJ in your prayers as she has recently been given new hope! AJ has just been accepted into a clinical trial which has proven very effective and is her only hope. She will travel to Houston, TX on February 1, 2012 to begin receiving this new treatment. Our gym is doing all we can to help her by setting up small fundraisers to assist with her medical expenses. AJ's motto has always been that it is very easy to say "I love you" but it is very different to say I Love You AND Mean It. The LYMI fund was created for AJ from this motto because we truly do love Amy and mean it! We are asking that everyone send prayers to AJ. If any gym would like to participate in Our fundraising efforts, please contact Jen Sobiech of ECE at [email protected]. Anyone interested in donating can send checks to LYMI Fund, 1434 Hartford New London Turnpike, Oakdale CT 06370. The LYMI fund's tax ID number is 45-1180531. There is no amount that is too small since every little bit will help AJ to fight!

Thanks to everyone from the entire staff at ECE!!

Thanks to everyone for your prayers!!

Prayers for strength for AJ and that this new treatment prove effective. She is so young to be going through this, definitely gives one a reality check.

My prayers go out to AJ and all of her friends and family, and her ECE family. I hope all goes well with the treatment next month, and that AJ can come back from texas cancer free. Stay Strong<3

AJ- So many have heard about your story and and the bravery you have shown. Know that you will be in our hearts and never walking alone as you continue your fight. Show that toughness that you have in your soul and spirit and know that with hope and prayers, all things are possible.

Teared up seeing/hearing her on stage this weekend. Great to hear so many stories of other gyms holding raffles and such to help raise money. Think the final number announced was $9, 667 raised for LYMI? Amazing!

Teared up seeing/hearing her on stage this weekend. Great to hear so many stories of other gyms holding raffles and such to help raise money. Think the final number announced was $9, 667 raised for LYMI? Amazing!
Just another reason the cheerleading community never ceases to amaze me. I'm sure many of the fundraising efforts were a little last minute, but extremely successful nonetheless!

You're in my prayers AJ. Stay strong!

To everyone who attended athletic championships & to varsity and all of the staff at athletic.....words cannot express our gratitude! In addition to the unbelievable amount raised at athletic over the weekend, there were gym owners, coaches & parents/cheerleaders from so many programs handing us checks from fundraisers they held & personal donations as well! So many people were telling us that they are keeping AJ in their prayers. Your generosity is unbelievable & from the bottom of our hearts, we thank you all so much! We will keep you all updated on AJ's progress. Please continue to pray for this amazing young lady! We love her dearly!!

Back