Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

SharkDad

Most Positive, Best Parent '12
Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 15, 2009
I have a student of mine who is getting stationed in England at Lakenheath Air Force Base near Newmarket and Thetford.

His wife cheered competitively in Indiana through high school and then in college at Appalachian State University in North Carolina graduating in 2008.

They will move their around August for a 3 year tour and she would be interested in possibly coaching cheer if she could find a gym nearby.

Anyone have any contacts or ideas for a location? She comes "Sharkdad recommended"

im from a little further north ;) but what i would recommend is contact some of the bigger companies in england and they would be able to point her in the right direction and put her in contact.

future cheer - Future Cheer UK Cheerleading - Welcome to the next level of International Cheer and Dance-- Future Cheer
ICC - World Cheerleading Coalition (ICC)
I staff for JAMCamps here - jamfest is newish to us but has a great following so i would say contact Charlotte or even the american staff who have great connections here JAMfest Europe - Cheer and Dance Competition Liverpool, England

there are other companies but those are the ones i would say have the biggest client base in england and therefore the best chance of knowing a team to suit :) please feel free to contact me for any help!

Theres a cheer team based at Lakenheath. I think they're called Liberty Cheer. They compete in the lower levels but it could be a place to start?

Theres a cheer team based at Lakenheath. I think they're called Liberty Cheer. They compete in the lower levels but it could be a place to start?

I met some of Liberty Cheer at Jamfest. It would be really good gym for an American to coach. Lot's of the kids are American, and they are really friendly and have good spirit.

oh my gosh yes! i met their coach when waiting to register she was lovely!
had an awkward moment when i thought liberty cheer and liberty pride were the same team and was all wishing her luck for all girl 5 etc

Does anyone have contact information. They can PM me?

i only have the team facebook page sorry liberty cheer are actually a team from the base. the coach was absolutely lovely, but said it was really hard to progress past level 2 as every season she had new kids coming onto the base and had to start from scratch with the team.

Liberty Cheer | Facebook

Thanks everyone for the help. I was able to get in touch with the Liberty Cheer owner and she is going to help welcome the young couple and if she doesn't have a spot for the young wife to coach for her, she offered to introduce her to other contacts in the area.

Hasn't a coach from there just left to move to the US?

One of her coaches recently moved back in the US 2 years ago and are at Vegas Cheer Authority in Las Vegas. They moved because her husband got stationed there. I don't know a lot of details beyond that though.

Back