All-Star Coaching/owner Career Project For School

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 4, 2015
So I made a similar thread in December... I'm now a junior in high school and more interested/want to dig more into this (owning a cheer gym) as my possible career and currently just started a project called "How Will I use Math in my Career" Project for school. I want to share and teach my passion for my sport with others. Any help would because I had great advice/tips from the previous thread I made a while back!!! :))

The research must contain the following information:
- Career Description
- Colleges: Cost and Scholarships
- Expected Salary
- Who is Hiring & Where?
- Employment Outlook
- Personality traits

These are the items that must be included within the career description:

1. What education is necessary? High School diploma? College Degree? Post College Degree?
a. Specifically, identify what math classes are required.
b. What other tests or classes are also required.

2. What do you do on a typical day in his career?
a. Specifically what math is used on the career.

3. How is math used in this career?

I'm not a coach or an owner so I don't know if this will be right or helpful but heres some things to consider:

1. As a business owner I'm guessing you would want at least a college degree so you're able to successfully run your gym
A) I'm assuming you would need a statistics class, not sure what else but you could probably look into a business degree at a college your interested in to see the required math classes
B) As I said above, your college should outline what classes you would need for your degree

2&3. You would use math to calculate several things: the number of kids you can enroll per program, number of staff you would need, cost to rent/buy the building, calculating the payroll of employees, calculating the total number of kids you would need and the cost they would pay per class/program to keep the gym open, budgeting for other expensives..
I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of but hopefully this gives you some ideas!

And again, I'm not a coach or a business owner so they may have better insight lol

I’m not a coach or gym owner, but I am a mathematics graduate student that teaches lower division math.
In regards to math classes, I would recommend an introductory statistics class and a college algebra class, though some classes offer “college Algebra for business majors” which would be better.
While the math classes may not teach you exactly what you’re going to be calculating and you won’t use all of the concepts you would learn in the class, but it trains your brain to think of how to attack problems, which might be important to note.
I hear a lot of students say “when am I ever going to use this???” But math is more about figuring out what two numbers to multiply and what the results means than the actual calculation itself. And math classes (hopefully) train you how to do that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may be too late for your project, but I replied to your question on the Random thread. Feel free to ask followups-I can probably get more information from CP’s former coach if needed.

Back