All-Star Coastal Carolina Suspends Entire Cheer Team

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I saw another article that mentioned allegations of prostitution. I'll try to find it

ETA: didn't realize it mentioned this in the article. Should have read it first!

I know quite a bit of the situation but I'm not sure if it's more appropriate to discuss on the 18+ forum.
I'm curious to know more, I can't imagine one letter doing so much damage so maybe the school isn't giving away to much for a reason.

..... I went to the 18+ forum hoping that the discussion continued....

I'm in SC. Every media station across the state has jumped on it, but the information has been so limited that it reads like a non story

In the past I've known that Coastal cheer has been known for "fun".....but heck so is the whole school

Side note. Their public statement made me cringe
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i stopped reading and alt+w at anonymous letter...

and the university is ridiculous... they're treating this like a bomb scare better safe than sorry scenario.

If there is only an anonymous letter and no corroborating eveidence, my heart goes out to those girls. They work so hard for college nationals and I'm sure they are all heartbroken. Cheerleaders are so harshly punished compared to other college athletes, it seems. It sure would help to be a real sport and be governed by NCAA, not to mention scholarship opportunities.

Unless the school has very good evidence that the whole team did something reprehensible, this seems like an unnecessarily drastic move.

...If they were involved in a prostitution ring, then that more seems like a job for the police...

Back