All-Star Coastal Carolina Suspends Entire Cheer Team

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Unless the school has very good evidence that the whole team did something reprehensible, this seems like an unnecessarily drastic move.

...If they were involved in a prostitution ring, then that more seems like a job for the police...
Agreed, but from what I understand the police have investigated and have found nothing and are no longer involved.

Agreed, but from what I understand the police have investigated and have found nothing and are no longer involved.
I know, that's what I was referring to.

I get that colleges need certain levels of autonomy, but it makes me slightly anxious when universities are free to dole out severe punishments for offenses that the police have already cleared. Or, conversely, when the police should be involved but the university keeps it in-house, like what we sometimes see with sexual assault cases.
If it was a severe allegation, and the police find nothing, then why the suspension if there's no evidence?

Every article I've found basically says the same thing, and doesn't give a ton of info. Either the school is doing a good job at covering it up, or they've done a good job at threatening anyone who talks.....

Back