All-Star Coastal Corporation Battle At The Capitol 2/11 - 2/12/17

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@Mom2Cheergirls I agree with you there that space is becoming an issue as the event grows. They do appear to be building a new Ballroom outside near the pool venue. I believe it is slated to open early next year. Hopefully they will be able to utilize that new venue as well. I feel like with the size and success of the event this year they may get some more summit bids, which means it is only going to get bigger. Would love to see them be able to do something along the lines of Level 1/Prep in one arena, Level 2 and 3 in one arena and Level 4 and 5 in another to try and help with uneven scoring across panels. I know this doesn't help per se for Ovarall score, but at least for level champs it may. Being in C/D this weekend was borderline a death sentence if you had hopes of going for Grand unless you were a level 5 team since they were all in that arnea

I'm just hoping they don't move it to the Washington Convention center... which could feasibly to fit a set up like you mentioned (and personally as far as JUST the event goes would be nice). Have done comps there and just not my favorite area. National Harbor has the uniqueness of the Gaylord set up so that it really gives you that break of being inside but feeling outside (the only other place I feel that is usually the VA Beach convention center) really it is what I like about BATC. I can really see with Summit bids this comp growing exponentially. Hotel wise between all of the ones a few steps away and now the MGM I think it provides the best option room wise even over the Convention Center. The new ballroom might be a wonderful venue for awards with the river views can't see it being used as much to compete. The food aspect in venue needs to be tweaked as someone else mentioned perhaps creating some "hospitality like stations to purchase food" on upper floors. The one problem I have seen yearly is they are usually hosting a convention of some sort on the top floor the same time as BATC and so setting up food options in other spaces becomes harder (I have spent far too many years coming to this comp it seems). Having done Dallas, and Indy, and Cheersport to have a BIG comp where I can stay home would feel like a luxury to my wallet (my older CPs wouldn't like it - but my youngest who is not on the travel level yet it is a good experience for her). I really started noticing a jump in the caliber of athletes/gyms 2 years ago and hope that continues from a truly selfish aspect.

This was my cp first time at this competition. We enjoyed it for the most part, but I did not like having her compete at 9:00 pm both nights. I feel as these comps get bigger, they need to add an additional stage to accommodate the teams coming and the timing of the performances. Venue was beautiful, but the bar and food was pricey! The surrounding area was very nice and a lot of options for entertainment and food in walking distance was nice, especially for those like us who had to fly in. Stage was nice and no complaints on the floor. At our last competition, the floor was horrendous and a lot of athletes were falling all over the place, was dangerous. Overall, I think we would return to this comp..

This used to be my favorite competition but I was disappointed in several things. The schedule was redic with teams competing as early as 7:30 am and then going so late at night. With the last awards at 10:30 pm. Scoring was completely inconsistent. We kept being told that they were aware of the differences in the 2 halls. But obviously they didn't do anything about it. Levels 2 and 3 were split between the two halls so there's no way the grand champions could have been fair. And the summit bids were pretty strange. Level 3 for example. A second place team received the bid when there were so many first place teams in quite a few divisions that didn't have bids yet. How were they even considered. If they were reviewing videos like they say they do were they not satisfied with any of the winners? And I'm not knocking the team that got that bid I'm sure they were very good. But there were other very good divisions that were pretty deep with lots of good teams.
I seriously question going back next year

Anyone know how many summit bids were handed out at this competition and who got them?

1 Paid 5 AL

Paid
Jersey Allstars Small Youth 3

At Large
Maryland Twisters Small Senior 1
Central Jersey Small Junior 2
ECE Small Junior 3
Jersey Allstars Small Senior 4
Jersey Allstars Small Restricted 5

1 Paid 5 AL

Paid
Jersey Allstars Small Youth 3

At Large
Maryland Twisters Small Senior 1
Central Jersey Small Junior 2
ECE Small Junior 3
Jersey Allstars Small Senior 4
Jersey Allstars Small Restricted 5

USA Wildcats small junior 2 was also just awarded an at large bid from this competition.

There were some discrepencies with the team sizes in the 2 small junior 2 divisions and coastal awarded us with a bid along with cja small junior 2.

@FamousMatty @FamUsM0m

We love this!

3784cc6b896ebb9820cbc8e4fc26196a.jpg

This is what you call sportsmanship!!!

@Cinn124 We had practice last night and that is all they were talking about for the first ten minutes. I think they were more nervous and excited hoping for your bid than they were for their own haha. I love that these kids have become such good friends. Orlando is going to be so much fun!

Back