College Coed Stunting: Workouts And Drills

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You know, the 'basics' haha. I'm not exactly a strong guy, and while I know most of this is technique that we need to work on, muscle never hurt anybody right? So pretty much what I was wondering is if any of you guys have specific workouts you do to work the muscles used for stunting. Any drills for hitting libs. Any help at all really. Anything you guys can offer would be awesome!!

Again, any and all advice is appreciated!

Power cleans. Have weight on a bench press bar on the floor, squat down and grab the bar, using your legs and shoulders, quickly yank the bar upward and at the top let it roll back with your wrist to sort of rest on your chest. I'm sure if ur confused by this description u can prob YouTube it or something. But it's a great exercise to get ur toss higher. Also whenever ur doing ANY coed stunt whatsoever, you need to make sure u never stand up without locking out your arms, if you go to toss and you have locked your legs out for the throw and you haven't thrown with your arms yet, your using only arms. If you lock both at the same time, you will be using your entire body and it will make for a way better toss. And press up to anything from hands for that matter. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Back