Timothy Wegner Stephen F. Austin
Tony Crump Morehead State University
Tyler Hendrickson Oklahoma State University

2011 Coed Partner Stunt Couples Name School

Ali Anderson Columbus State University
Tommy Goforth Columbus State University

Julie Weiss University of Louisville
Bill Mayo University of Louisville/Morehead State University

Ryan Martin! aka the coaches daughter from Cheer Nation!

Congrats to all :)

So this year they took Stunt groups from people who aren't on the actual team? I figured they would take members who were actually on the team.

So this year they took Stunt groups from people who aren't on the actual team? I figured they would take members who were actually on the team.

I thought that was like a consolation prize. "Well, you're really good stunters-but we can't use you anywhere else in the routine...soooo....um, you can do the partner stunt comp, k?"

A fierce Congrats to my friends Drew Bewley, Ryan Martin, Alli Greer, Mitch Budlong, and Bill Mayo for your selections to Team USA and Partner Stunt! I will be there watching you all take home another Gold!!! GO USA!!!!

I thought that was like a consolation prize. "Well, you're really good stunters-but we can't use you anywhere else in the routine...soooo....um, you can do the partner stunt comp, k?"
Bill Mayo cheered for UofD as well as 2 National Championships for UofL and is now the coach at Morehead State who just won their coed AND all Girl divisions at UCA..... and he is a former team USA member, I HIGHLY doubt that this was a consolation prize of any sort....

Sorry you misunderstood me. I'm VERY well aware of who is who, but the way it was done was strange. The stunt partner competitors are usually team members. In fact, I'm surprised that they don't have to be on the full team.

Sorry you misunderstood me. I'm VERY well aware of who is who, but the way it was done was strange. The stunt partner competitors are usually team members. In fact, I'm surprised that they don't have to be on the full team.
Now that I can agree with, it is odd that they don't have to be a roster member to compete partner stunts but I'm sure somebody will read this and hopefully send some clarification our way!

I am guessing it is probably because these couples know each other and stunt together all season. Would you rather have a cohesive pair that already work together or try to pair up two people in two weeks? The teams don't have very long to put together their routine and then go to Florida. This seems really smart to me...

aww yay ryan martin! she was my favorite on cheerleader nation ;)

In April, Team USA has less than two weeks to learn and perfect their routine. In general, it takes a lot of preparation to hit a solid partner stunt, as well as a team routine. The Team USA coaching staff agreed it would be Team USA's best interest to choose partner stunt couples who could solely focus on their partner stunt routine in the weeks leading up the ICU World Cheerleading Championship. We are excited for Tommy and Ali, and Bill and Julie to represent the USA in April. They are all great athletes and very talented partner stunters.

GO AMERICA!

I can assure you...I was not offered a "consolation prize" for not being good enough to make the team...I didn’t tryout for TEAM USA this year and was honored to be selected to do Partner Stunt. Do you think that I wouldnt be good enough to make the team? I may be old, but I still got it! AND there is nothing about competing Partner Stunt (at an elite level) that can be considered a "consolation". Competing Partner Stunt is one of the most intense experiences of my life and it’s not for everyone. Representing the United States on such a grand scale can could be argued as even more prestigious then competing and winning UCA or NCA and USA Cheer doesn’t view Partner Stunt as a consolation either.

I can assure you...I was not offered a "consolation prize" for not being good enough to make the team...I didn’t tryout for TEAM USA this year and was honored to be selected to do Partner Stunt. Do you think that I wouldnt be good enough to make the team? I may be old, but I still got it! AND there is nothing about competing Partner Stunt (at an elite level) that can be considered a "consolation". Competing Partner Stunt is one of the most intense experiences of my life and it’s not for everyone. Representing the United States on such a grand scale can could be argued as even more prestigious then competing and winning UCA or NCA and USA Cheer doesn’t view Partner Stunt as a consolation either.
Co-Signed and well stated...people and there assumptions lol

I am pretty excited for Ali. She is on Rust (and my stunt partner for one sequence, hah) and a really sweet girl. Good luck to her and her partner down there! I am going to come and watch this year.

Back