College College Cheer Or All-Star Cheer Level6?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 31, 2010
Is It Better To Cheer In College Or Go To A Nearby Cheer Gym And Compete On Their Open Level 6 Team? Why?

I'd say it is all personal opinion. If you have been an all star cheerleader your whole life, maybe you wanna stay with that and do open 6. Maybe you like cheering at games as well, so you would rather do college cheer. Or maybe you are so addicted to cheerleading you do both!

You cant beat cheering in college, especially if its for a large school. Football/and basketball game day is like nothing you have ever experienced!

You really need to think about what you want. I was willing to give up being on a highly competitive team for an amazing game day experience. For me, nothing beat running out on the field in front of 70,000 screaming fans. We were rockstars in that town, recognized in the Kroger, little kids (and old men) asking for pictures with us.....it was great! Had I gone to a school that was more competitive I don't think I would have had that same experience.
But, you need to think about what you want, and what type of experience would be best for you.

college.... to me thats the best you can get when it comes to cheering, sure all-star is great but i think you've reached the best level once you've cheered for a university

i always said i'd never be a college cheerleader... but now that i am one, i wouldn't change it for the world. it definitely is not the same as doing an open 6 team, and if you have the opportunity to cheer in college , i'd definitely take it. it's totally a different ball game from allstars for me, but surprisingly, i like the change :)

you can always do both! i think it depends on a personal preference and the amount of time you have to dedicate to cheer. college cheer takes up a lot of time, where most level 6's practice once or twice a week and compete less than 5 times.

im always gonna say college because thats what ive done my whole cheer career but now that im on a level six i love it but all in all college is where its at

I'd do both. I mean most level60teams only practice like once or twice a month, so you could still have time for a college here program froronding on your work load that is. But I also loved cheering at games and stuff. That was [is] the one thing I miss.. =/
Especially if you go a large school. Omg. The best

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

im always gonna say college because thats what ive done my whole cheer career but now that im on a level six i love it but all in all college is where its at
hahaha indeed :) d-nasty stunter 25 lol but I'm pretty sure I know who this is lol and for the life in me I never ever thought you would become like me and dynastylove lol a board addict!!! Congrats welcome to the darkside!!

Back