College College Cheer Teams For Non-level 5

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Appalachian State - I cheered there. Strong Division II school (Southern Conference) that just moved up to the BCS (Sunbelt Conference). There are two teams this year all girl & coed (coed was just brought back). Both have a good range of cheerleaders, all girl had basically all standing tucks and most were throwing tuck/layouts with a couple fulls. Coed girls had more girls who were only throwing BHS but many also have tucks and most have the same running tumbling as all girl. Many of the boys were new to coed cheer but have done an amazing job and have gotten much better. In my opinion, this is a college cheerleading team that will have lots of great growth in the next couple of years. There is also about 6-8 cheerleaders who are also UCA instructors. As of now they do not compete, but the coach is working towards starting competition again. Its located in the NC mountains in Boone which is a semi-small but really a great college town!

If you are interested:

Cheerleading - Appalachian State Mountaineers | Official Athletics Site

App State Cheerleading | Facebook

Facebook

App State Cheer (AppStateCheer) on Twitter

(this was a cheerleader's student project from two years ago)

Thank you so much!

Bowling green state has an awesome sports management program and our all girl only requires a standing tuck, they don't compete at UCA like our coed does but they compete in STUNT, last year they went to STUNT nationals which is right after NCA nationals in Daytona

Hey all, I just wanted some advice/input on something! Currently I'm a level 3/4 athlete (working to be solid level 4 within a few months) and I am going to cheer in college. I can coed fly, all girl fly and base. I'm looking at all girl div III teams and either coed or all girl intermediate teams. Oh I forgot to mention, these are NCA teams. Does anyone have suggestions of schools for me to look at? I'm looking at bigger colleges. Right now I have Towson, NC state (intermediate team), James Madison, and Udel (all girl team). Thank you, any help is much appreciated!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Saint Joe's! We're All Girl Intermediate 1

@collegecheermum @Ashley I should've mentioned, all of the schools on my list I looked at academically before cheer. I've ruled out numerous schools because they didn't have my major. That being said, I'm majoring in sports management and I'm planning on working for Varsity in the future. So clearly cheer is going to be a huge part of my college experience! It's just harder for me because I don't have a full. To answer you @collegecheermum I throw a round off handspring tuck and standing tuck on hard floor. I've been to 2 clinics already and I've been emailing coaches :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I just read more of this thread. Our school has majors that would fit you for sports management (they arent necessarily called sports management). We also are building our coed program, we have one boy currently. I love it here and you should definitely message me about visiting and things!

I just read more of this thread. Our school has majors that would fit you for sports management (they arent necessarily called sports management). We also are building our coed program, we have one boy currently. I love it here and you should definitely message me about visiting and things!

She already picked a school :)

Back