College College Cheer Turned Into Dance Team?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 2, 2013
I go to a community college and we had a cheer team to cheer for basketball last year and this year the captain have switched it to being a hip hop team (its a cheer/dance team on the school website) i live in the Chicago suburbs and im close to ultimate athletics which has an open 5 level team but i dont have level 5 skills and im about an hour away from ICE allstar which i know has an open level 4, i really want to cheer but im not really a level 4 either im not sure if either programs have to place everyone that tries out especially being over 18 but if they did is it worth trying out i feel like i would possibly bring down the team but i really want to cheer, thoughts? Comments?

I go to a community college and we had a cheer team to cheer for basketball last year and this year the captain have switched it to being a hip hop team (its a cheer/dance team on the school website) i live in the Chicago suburbs and im close to ultimate athletics which has an open 5 level team but i dont have level 5 skills and im about an hour away from ICE allstar which i know has an open level 4, i really want to cheer but im not really a level 4 either im not sure if either programs have to place everyone that tries out especially being over 18 but if they did is it worth trying out i feel like i would possibly bring down the team but i really want to cheer, thoughts? Comments?
It couldn't hurt to try out. The captain has to accept the fact that not everyone that likes to cheer likes to dance.

Last edited:

Give it a go there is no harm but probs the best would be ICE even if you dont have the skills and they say you don't have a place maybe go to tumbling and stunting clinics when you can because in the open levels sometimes being a beast base or backspot can but not always be useful to them just give it go!

With open teams, depending on why the team exists, and the amount of people on it, a strong L4 athlete can do just fine. If the team is made up of mostly former lv 4 and 5's, and they need another base, you will be fine.

Latest posts

Back