College Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 10, 2014
Are there any college cheer programs out there that do not require tumbling? By may I should have my roundoff two backhandsprings along with front and back walkovers. But just curious since I know USC has no requirements.

Are there any college cheer programs out there that do not require tumbling? By may I should have my roundoff two backhandsprings along with front and back walkovers. But just curious since I know USC has no requirements.
I'm sure there are lots but it really depends on where you're looking. Depending on who you talk to, USC is either University of Southern California or University of South Carolina.

I know that currently, my college does not. The cheer program sort of imploded my freshman year, and is under a new head coach. She's phenomenal. They are sideline focused now but still compete at NAIA competitions. It's MNU in Olathe, KS!

My school (UWGB) doesn't require tumbling, but all the girls on the team threw some sort of tumbling at tryouts either with a spot or by themselves.

Note that while there may be "no tumbling requirements" stated online, you will still be competing with others at tryouts that have tumbling....Don't underestimate your competition.
There are the following options however, to better your chance possibly:
-colleges that are sideline focused ( they don't compete, so majority of scoresheet may be motions, spiriting, etc.)
-colleges that have a team traditionally competing in an intermediate division
-smaller schools (NAIA, DIII, some DIIs)
-schools in areas where cheerleading is not as prominent
(Tryouts at San Diego State, which is a larger school in proximity to lots of allstar gyms, will be a much more competitive tryout probably than say University of North Dakota)

Latest posts

Back