College College Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

DePaul university
gBQJbAb.jpg
We competed against them but I felt the uniforms weren't very collegiate looking

This year my team is getting all new game uniforms (all paid for by athletic marketing) and a new uniform top (paid for by the team) to match the game day skirt. I have 2 questions and I'm looking for thoughts and opinions
1)What companies have you guys worked with? Currently I'm in communication with Rebel, Varsity, GK, and Under Armour (who I know is through GK, but there are 2 separate representatives). I had varsity uniforms in the past for high school and all stars but I'm curious about Rebel since I'm a big fan of their recent all star uniforms. Also, has anyone had Under Armour uniforms? They look okay on the website, but seeing a team at the NCAA tournament in person that wore them makes me worried about the fabric. It looked like the uniforms did not fit well, and it was a shiny spandexy material.
2) What is the difference between a game day and comp uniform top? How "fun" can college teams really get with their uniforms before being considered not collegiate enough?

This year my team is getting all new game uniforms (all paid for by athletic marketing) and a new uniform top (paid for by the team) to match the game day skirt. I have 2 questions and I'm looking for thoughts and opinions
1)What companies have you guys worked with? Currently I'm in communication with Rebel, Varsity, GK, and Under Armour (who I know is through GK, but there are 2 separate representatives). I had varsity uniforms in the past for high school and all stars but I'm curious about Rebel since I'm a big fan of their recent all star uniforms. Also, has anyone had Under Armour uniforms? They look okay on the website, but seeing a team at the NCAA tournament in person that wore them makes me worried about the fabric. It looked like the uniforms did not fit well, and it was a shiny spandexy material.
2) What is the difference between a game day and comp uniform top? How "fun" can college teams really get with their uniforms before being considered not collegiate enough?
You may want to check in the high school forum too! Hearing great things about Varsity Powerfit.

@LeahofthePack, @GForce, @BuegeSmalls

You may want to check in the high school forum too! Hearing great things about Varsity Powerfit.

@LeahofthePack, @GForce, @BuegeSmalls

Yes! Check over in that thread. Too lazy on my first summer day to re type it all but love love power fit. And you can still be "fun" with a game day uniform. Your varsity rep should be more than willing to help make up a few different designs for you so that you find what works best for your team.

1). VARSITY ALL THE WAY! Expensive? Yes can be, but worth it. Highly recommend the Powerfit uniform. It's like cheering a cloud. Check the high school section for my full (long) recommendation.

2). Depends on your style. If you're UCA style then honestly not much. If you're an NCA team then you can go more crazy for your comp uniform as they are flashier. As for game day, look clean and collegiate. Stay away from lots of braiding, very high school looking. But in the end, whatever you go with should fit the look of your team/school's athletic program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Varsity uniforms, but the rep originally took a week to get back to me, and now its been 2 weeks since I've heard anything. Rebel has gotten me 3 different series of designs since then. I've never ordered uniforms before, so I'm not sure how long it usually takes. We ruled out Under Armour last night, even though we know our athletic department would prefer it since they have a contract.

Last edited:
I love Varsity uniforms, but the rep originally took a week to get back to me, and now its been 2 weeks since I've heard anything. Rebel has gotten me 3 different series of designs since then. I've never order uniforms before, so I'm not sure how long it usually takes. We ruled out Under Armour last night, even though we know our athletic department would prefer it since they have a contract.
I like some of the UA uniforms--if they would be available without the huge "UA" on them.

Back