College Colleges near great All Star gyms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Level5Mom

Best Parent
Cheer Parent
Mar 23, 2010
I already know of Louisville/Gymtyme and T&S/OSU......but are there any other colleges who have a good chunk of the team doing all stars? Who am I missing? What about the Dallas teams? Where do they all go to college? North Carolina? Jersey? Miami?

Here in NC we have Carolina Legacy(Cary, NC) CEA(Raleigh,NC) and Elite(Raleigh,NC) and NC State down the road in Raleigh,NC and Duke is Durham,NC.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Clemson/Rockstar. Not to the extent of GT/UofL and OSU/T&S where almost everyone does both, but there is usally quite a few that do both. Last year we had i think 6 or 7 Clemson Cheerleaders on killers puls some former clemson girls.

(North Carolina)
NC State practice at Cheer Extreme Raleigh as Kelly Smith (the director at CEA Raleigh) coaches NC State!

So does NC State competition squad have a good chunk of CEA all stars on it?

Taylor, how far is Rockstar from Clemson? Seems to me there are tons of colleges close to Rockstar!!

I'm kind of on the hunt for some great options for my girl, even though she is 5 years away and I know things will shift by the time she is ready. She wants the following (mind of an 8th grader lol.....):

1. I want her to attend an academically competitive university (Tier 1 or 2) with a great Science program (too early to narrow it down lol)
2. Big football experience on the sidelines: big football stadium, high profile team, you know......the whole ESPN thing.
3. College competition squad that places up there, preferably coed, preferably NCA. (seems many big time football teams with top comp squads are UCA schools?)
4. Wants the option to be on a great International team that places high at Worlds, either 5 or 6.

Basically she wants it ALL lol......I told her it is hard to find all 4 of these things. #1 is the priority. Any insight would be most appreciated!! BTW, I never realized how overwhelming this whole subject is.....

Just to clarify, our senior team only has a couple of kids on it from OSU. The only team that is filled with a majority of OSU kids is our open team.

Raleigh doesn't have an international team so it would only be kids still eligible to super senior unless they travel to kernersville. But I'd say a lot of college kids that still cheer at CEA go to UNC cause some of the campuses are within reasonable distance of the gym.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Taylor, how far is Rockstar from Clemson? Seems to me there are tons of colleges close to Rockstar!!

I'm kind of on the hunt for some great options for my girl, even though she is 5 years away and I know things will shift by the time she is ready. She wants the following (mind of an 8th grader lol.....):

1. I want her to attend an academically competitive university (Tier 1 or 2) with a great Science program (too early to narrow it down lol)
2. Big football experience on the sidelines: big football stadium, high profile team, you know......the whole ESPN thing.
3. College competition squad that places up there, preferably coed, preferably NCA. (seems many big time football teams with top comp squads are UCA schools?)
4. Wants the option to be on a great International team that places high at Worlds, either 5 or 6.

Basically she wants it ALL lol......I told her it is hard to find all 4 of these things. #1 is the priority. Any insight would be most appreciated!! BTW, I never realized how overwhelming this whole subject is.....

1. Check (as of last year we were the 22nd best public university in the country)
2.Check (85,000 people in the crowd, plus I cant even count how many times I was on ESPN last year for football AND BBall)
3. Check (Clemson has competed small coed at NCA the past few years and was large coed before that, and trying to build back up to large coed)
4.Check! Rockstar Killers got 2nd at worlds in International All Girl 5!

Rockstar is about 50 minutes from Clemson, and everyone carpools. Its an easy drive. Clemson just seems to be the perfect fit ;)

1. Check (as of last year we were the 22nd best public university in the country)
2.Check (85,000 people in the crowd, plus I cant even count how many times I was on ESPN last year for football AND BBall)
3. Check (Clemson has competed small coed at NCA the past few years and was large coed before that, and trying to build back up to large coed)
4.Check! Rockstar Killers got 2nd at worlds in International All Girl 5!

Rockstar is about 50 minutes from Clemson, and everyone carpools. Its an easy drive. Clemson just seems to be the perfect fit ;)

You're making me want to go to Clemson now! Haha!

QUOTE]

There are a few cheerleaders that have previously cheered on CEA.
But like someone said CEA International Allgirl/Coed are at the Kernersville gym. So there aren't people still cheering on CEA unless they are super seniors.

My daughter is a sophmore this year, so college is looming and she has started thinking about where she would like to go. She wants to go to the University of South Carolina, (so far that is the top of her list) and cheer in college and possibly International all girl somewhere in that area. Her major will either be pharmacology or meterology, but I think she is leaning towards pharmacology. I think Rockstar was like an hour or so from there? I am going off of memory, and could be wrong though =) I know she would like to continue cheering on an open/international team in college if she is able to. So much to think about!! lol.

My daughter is a sophmore this year, so college is looming and she has started thinking about where she would like to go. She wants to go to the University of South Carolina, (so far that is the top of her list) and cheer in college and possibly International all girl somewhere in that area. Her major will either be pharmacology or meterology, but I think she is leaning towards pharmacology. I think Rockstar was like an hour or so from there? I am going off of memory, and could be wrong though =) I know she would like to continue cheering on an open/international team in college if she is able to. So much to think about!! lol.

Rockstar is about 1.5 from USC, and there are going to be a lot of girls on killers that cheer at USC this year, so there will be a carpool! It would be a great choice!

Rockstar is about 1.5 from USC, and there are going to be a lot of girls on killers that cheer at USC this year, so there will be a carpool! It would be a great choice!

Thanks! I will tell her. I know a carpool would work out the best =) Her friend on her small sr 5 team this year is a senior, and I know that Clemson is one of the schools she is looking at - and I want to say she is also interested in an international all girl team also - I think she did mention Rockstar in one of her conversations with my daughter. Thanks for the info - it sounds like it could work out! Hopefully there will be an International all girl team in 2013!

Except for the NCA part, the University of Alabama/ACE meets most of these pretty well.

CEA is a huge feeder program to both the Coed and All Girl programs at NC State. And as previously stated Kelly Smith and myself (another CEA Alumni) are coaches of the All Girl cheerleading squad. I believe out of 25 girls last year on the level 6 All Girl team we had 12 girls who were former CEA athletes and my freshman year at NCSU an overwhelming majority of the Coed squad was CEA as well.

Back