College Colleges near great All Star gyms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maryland would definitely be on my list. I dont know what they offer as far as sciences go but i know they are a fantastic school, which like you said is the most important. but the problem there would be that their comp team doesnt cheer games because its a comp team, not a game team that competes, hence the ncaa thing going on there. One of my really good friends goes there and she loves it! but she said there really isnt the option to do Twisters because even though its close enough and she goes and tumbles sometimes, there isnt enough time with school and cheer and everything. so it really only fully covers number 1 i guess. but its def a great school and has a great cheer program!

If your looking for a college near the Miami Allstar area. Florida Atlantic University is a hour at most to Miami. For game day we have all girl and coed and we have one coed competition team. Its also a really nice area and with lots of new things coming on campus.

As far as Miami is concerned you have the following Colleges and Universities that fit the criteria you'd mentioned all within 45 minutes of the Top Gun Training Center which currently has a World Champion Intl Coed 5 and a World's contending Intl Coed 6 (although if she's still sr aged theres a good chance she'd still be considered for a sr team):

Florida International University (20 minutes) + Up and coming NCA Competitive team

University of Miami (30 minutes) + Great game day collegiate program

Barry University (45 minutes)

Nova Southeastern University (Various campuses pending your major) + Trying to currently build an NCA competitive team

We currently have students from out of state who are attending the above schools as well as Miami Dade Community College and cheering at our Training Center on our Coed 3, Sr Open 5, Medium Coed and both International teams.

If your looking for a college near the Miami Allstar area. Florida Atlantic University is a hour at most to Miami. For game day we have all girl and coed and we have one coed competition team. Its also a really nice area and with lots of new things coming on campus.

I thought FAU cheerleaders aren't currently allowed to cheer for All Star programs other than CFX?

I thought FAU cheerleaders aren't currently allowed to cheer for All Star programs other than CFX?

I just got a recruiting message on facebook from a FAU cheerleader & it said this, "we are allowed to cheer on the allstar teams in the area." Don't know if it means any all star team, just thought I'd share it.

well that was the policy in the past. it is now changing to open it to any other athlete or gym as long as it doesnt conflict

Except for the NCA part, the University of Alabama/ACE meets most of these pretty well.

Like Bill said, ACE/University of Alabama definitely fits the criteria...

1. I want her to attend an academically competitive university (Tier 1 or 2) with a great Science program (too early to narrow it down lol)
-We are ranked among the Top 50 schools in the nation. http://uanews.ua.edu/tag/rankings/. That link should help you navigate exactly which department Haley is looking to study in.

2. Big football experience on the sidelines: big football stadium, high profile team, you know......the whole ESPN thing.
-Our football team just won a Nat'l Title in 2009. With the way its going now, it looks like we're back in the race for 2010 too (trying not to jinx it).There is no better gameday experience than at the University of Alabama. Coming from Ohio State, that's a bold statement, but it's true. There's no other way to explain it than simply ROLL TIDE!

3. College competition squad that places up there, preferably coed, preferably NCA. (seems many big time football teams with top comp squads are UCA schools?)
-Alabama consistently Top 3 at UCA. We're a deep Southern school, I just don't see us fitting in at NCA. Which I don't think is a bad thing if you're cheering at ACE too. You get the best of both worlds.

4. Wants the option to be on a great International team that places high at Worlds, either 5 or 6.
-If she's senior age eligible still, we have warriors. If not, I would bet that there's an Int'l team that ACE could brew up pretty quickly if there was enough interest that could place pretty high...

Basically ROLL TIDE :praise:

Weatherford College and Maverick Allstars have alot of their members that do either the unlimited coed 5, their international open 5, or international coed 6 teams. Having 3 teams available for the members of Weatherford College to join is a great option. Maverick Allstars had an unlimited coed team last season that placed 4th at Worlds and Weatherford College places top 3 at NCA College Nationals annually.

For more information contact Michael at [email protected].

Back