OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Can someone tell me some of the classes they took in high school to help them get into the colleges they are at now? I know the grades differ from whichever college you decide to go to, but I already stated that my main colleges were University of Louisville, Oklahoma State University, University of Oregon, San Diego State University. Right now I'm a sohpomore and these are the classes I'm taking:

Algebra 2 Honors
Chemistry
AP Euro
English 2
Spanish 2

Can someone tell me some of the classes they took in high school to help them get into the colleges they are at now? I know the grades differ from whichever college you decide to go to, but I already stated that my main colleges were University of Louisville, Oklahoma State University, University of Oregon, San Diego State University. Right now I'm a sohpomore and these are the classes I'm taking:

Algebra 2 Honors
Chemistry
AP Euro
English 2
Spanish 2
The advice I wish someone had given me way back in HS would have been to take as many AP and college level classes as I could have to be able to in order to go into college with as many credits as possible. I only went in with 8 credits but I knew people who came in with a whole year's worth. It also gives you upper classman standing earlier which may make it easier to get into higher level classes sooner, and in my college, gave you higher priority in the dorms for room selection over other freshman with little or no credit.

The advice I wish someone had given me way back in HS would have been to take as many AP and college level classes as I could have to be able to in order to go into college with as many credits as possible. I only went in with 8 credits but I knew people who came in with a whole year's worth. It also gives you upper classman standing earlier which may make it easier to get into higher level classes sooner, and in my college, gave you higher priority in the dorms for room selection over other freshman with little or no credit.
So the higher credits you have, the better room you get to choose? And if you're on a team do you stay with them?

So the higher credits you have, the better room you get to choose? And if you're on a team do you stay with them?
I really don't know in terms of housing with teams etc. At my school, if you wanted to change rooms, be detripled etc, if there was an available room to move to and two people wanted it, the person with more credits did have priority. Of course this was a long time ago! But these are all questions to ask prospective schools when you actually start the application process.

I really don't know in terms of housing with teams etc. At my school, if you wanted to change rooms, be detripled etc, if there was an available room to move to and two people wanted it, the person with more credits did have priority. Of course this was a long time ago! But these are all questions to ask prospective schools when you actually start the application process.
Got it! Thank you!

Monae

I completely agree with this! I came into college with 32 credits from AP classes. Because of this, I never had an issue registering for classes (registration priority is based on credit hours). It also helped for football tickets, since I go to a large ACC school that does a lottery. Even without the credits, taking all those AP classes really helped me going into my freshman year completely prepared. I already knew how to study for harder courses. I also was able to double minor while taking a lighter course load and still will graduate in 4 years!

Don't go beyond what you can handle though! It's better to get good grades in non-AP classes than get poor ones in the AP classes. But if you can handle it, definitely go for it! A lot of my friends slacked on senior year and took all easy gym classes and stuff and are now wishing they would've taken an extra AP or two. Then they wouldn't be doing 18+ hour semesters in college :)

My sister found out she was accepted into Georgia Southern University last week...so shes finished with the whole college application thing...

She also applied to College of Charleston, USC, Drexel, Kent State and Winthrop....but none of those responses will matter to her

I didn't take any APs because I opted for classes that were considered dual-enrollment with my local community college. All of my credits transferred so I have almost an entire semester's worth of credits at an established University. Definitely worth it!

I'm taking the GRE today, so stressed and nervous. Praying I get the score I need.

I'm taking the GRE today, so stressed and nervous. Praying I get the score I need.
UGH good luck to you! I took it twice and did horrible both times. Standardized tests are not my friend. Luckily I found a masters program that didn't require them. But here's hoping that you do well!!

I applied to a college that I've never heard of last night simply because the subject of their email made me laugh.

"You've stumped us, Krystyna"

How can you resist?! :p And there was no application fee or essay.

Monae

I completely agree with this! I came into college with 32 credits from AP classes. Because of this, I never had an issue registering for classes (registration priority is based on credit hours). It also helped for football tickets, since I go to a large ACC school that does a lottery. Even without the credits, taking all those AP classes really helped me going into my freshman year completely prepared. I already knew how to study for harder courses. I also was able to double minor while taking a lighter course load and still will graduate in 4 years!

Don't go beyond what you can handle though! It's better to get good grades in non-AP classes than get poor ones in the AP classes. But if you can handle it, definitely go for it! A lot of my friends slacked on senior year and took all easy gym classes and stuff and are now wishing they would've taken an extra AP or two. Then they wouldn't be doing 18+ hour semesters in college :)
So about how many credits do you get from regular classes compared to AP?

UGH good luck to you! I took it twice and did horrible both times. Standardized tests are not my friend. Luckily I found a masters program that didn't require them. But here's hoping that you do well!!
Thanks! I'm the same way with tests. I didn't do amazing, but I got what I needed to which is all that matters to me right now. Applying to grad school is not fun.

Back