Combining Divisions At A Competition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

TxCheerMom10

Cheer Parent
Oct 24, 2010
When large and small teams in division are combined at a competition, what are the advantages/disadvantages to the teams? For instance, all teams competing are small except for one large...

Obviously large teams have an advantage with being able to do more and being able to hide people because there are more people. Therefore, I don't think combining large and small divisions is fair. Especially considering if you look at the scoring differences between large and small divisions (especially level 5) large teams tend to score higher than small ones.

Large teams can perform better pyramids. Small teams have fewer chances for deductions.

Large teams can perform better pyramids. Small teams have fewer chances for deductions.

Not necessarily, true there are more people on large teams, but deductions on smaller teams are more easily noticed because of the smaller amount of people.

I don't know if there is an advantage to larger teams....if our small team had been in the large Jr 2 division at ACA we would have been National Champions, we outscored the 1st place Large team by 2 points. This past weekend there was one large team in our division and they came in 3rd. I think the small teams are more clean because we can't hide anything and everyone has to participate, can't have 5 kids nuggeting in the back....

Not necessarily, true there are more people on large teams, but deductions on smaller teams are more easily noticed because of the smaller amount of people.

A normal large team will have more stunts and more tumbling, which provide more opportunity for something to go wrong.

I think when large and small team divisions are combined, and both teams hit an excellent routine, its hard to compare the two.

Back