All-Star Communication Apps, What Are You Using?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We have a private FB group for parents and send out e-mails for bigger announcements. Remind is our primary source of immediate communication - where specifically to meet us at a competition, practice or choreo running late/early, etc. We love Remind because it's JUST the communication from our staff and doesn't get cluttered up.

We are using Band this year for teams and staff. We also have a main gym private Facebook page for overall general gym info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teamsnap is the best $90 I spend every year for managing my high school program.

I believe in the all star setting it would cost you $90 per team to have separate messaging for each team. It might also be worth the time to ask some questions of their tech support people about using the "league" function for similar usage with multiple teams.

Yes! We love Team Snap! It’s actually free if you have under 20 kids on your roster I think. Just be sure to make your parents aware that this is a primary form of communication and everyone must download the free app. Make sure they turn alerts on!

Our program as a whole has a private FB group but each team has their own group chat which is on whatever social media the coach decides on (the team I coach uses iMessage as they're not all allowed to have snapchat etc)

We use Team Snap for schedules and communication on competition days. Our program sends out weekly emails about what's going on that we also post in a members only section of our website just in case. We have a Facebook group thats for things like "someone left this one nfinity shoe at the gym", info we've added to our website etc.

I've never heard of Band. How is it different than Team Snap?

We use Team Snap for schedules and communication on competition days. Our program sends out weekly emails about what's going on that we also post in a members only section of our website just in case. We have a Facebook group thats for things like "someone left this one nfinity shoe at the gym", info we've added to our website etc.

I've never heard of Band. How is it different than Team Snap?

Many of the features available for a fee with TEAMSNAP are free with BAND. You definitely have to have a fee based plan with TEAMSNAP if you want to share team photos and videos.

ts.jpg

Our gym has used groupme in the past with the team group chats, since there have been hassles regarding having iphones and android phones in a standard texting one. As far as notifying the parents, there's generally email blasts for us. We do have social media pages for the gym but I've yet to see us have any sort of gym chats incorporated with it, just general info (such as when tryouts are, upcoming clinics, comp pics, etc ) and I personally feel the email method works quite well. There's also a bulletin board in the parent area (right above the monitor letting us see who's on the floor) so I feel that proves to be quite the helpful added reminder. :)

Last edited:
Many of the features available for a fee with TEAMSNAP are free with BAND. You definitely have to have a fee based plan with TEAMSNAP if you want to share team photos and videos.

I think we just use the free version. Anything pictures of videos goes in the Facebook group we use. I don't know if its different for Canada, seems like everything usually is!

Yes! We love Team Snap! It’s actually free if you have under 20 kids on your roster I think. Just be sure to make your parents aware that this is a primary form of communication and everyone must download the free app. Make sure they turn alerts on!

Yes, I didn’t know what the limit was for free usage. I pay $90 because I’m over the number, AND for a high school team, having the pay functions like tracking paperwork, and payments where parents can open the app and KNOW what their kid is missing, is invaluable.

CPs gym uses TEAM APP for all athletes, broken down to individual teams (so I can only access her team). Her old gym used groupme.

Our specific team uses a FB private group for parents & coaches to communicate non-gym related activities or if we want to have matching bows made, etc.

thank you for all that replied. I think I am going to go the Band route and test it out. Good Luck to all this season

Back