All-Star Competing In 2012-2013

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Here is what we have for UA's competition schedule this season:

10/28/12, Jamfest Megajam (Levels 1-4), DeKalb, IL (in my least favorite venue)
11/3/12, American Cheer Power, Chicago
11/17-18, JamLIVE, Schaumburg, IL
12/8-9, WSF Nationals, Indianapolis
1/13/13, COA, Chicago
1/19-20, Jamfest Super Nationals, Indianapolis
2/2-3, GLCC Grand Nationals, Chicago area
2/9-10, American Championships (Levels 1-4), Chicago area
3/1-2, NCA Nationals (Levels 4 & 5), Dallas
March competition, Levels 1-4, TBD, UCA Nationals hasn't been ruled out yet

I personally am hoping for no UCA in Orlando this year, just because the cost is brutal. There is talk of alternating years, but we'll see...
I will never understand how they think DeKalb is a good place for a cheer competition...

Speaking of the quality of venues...what's Schaumburg like? Seems like there are a bunch of comps there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Tumble Tech
November 17th OR December 1st - UCA (Orlando)
December 8th- Coastal Florida Face-Off (Lakeland)
January 12-13th- The American Championships States (Daytona)
January 26th- Show Down in O-Town (Orlando)
February 10th- The American Championships State Fair (Tampa) *
February 15th-18th- Cheersport (Atlanta)
February 23-24th- WSF Nationals (Tampa) *
March 9-10th- UCA (Orlando)
April 13th- Tournament of Champs (Tampa)
*=Only for teams not attending Cheersport

Cheer Express schedule was asked to be removed by owner.
-Kingston

Speaking of the quality of venues...what's Schaumburg like? Seems like there are a bunch of comps there.

It's pretty nice & roomy. There are shuttle buses from hotel that pick you up in parking lot to the doors in cold weather. And its a great location as the "largest mall in the area" Woodfield is a 5 minute drive. The only time I did not like it is when the EP did not have a raised stage, you could not see perfomances. But, that EP has not been there for a few years now. For our gym, It is one of our favorites as it is close to home.

I will never understand how they think DeKalb is a good place for a cheer competition...

Is this the venue where they don't allow aerosol cans? I remember stuffing my freeze it down my pants and hiding in the bathroom stall flushing the toilet while I sprayed cp's hair down. I was also talking to a friend in the aisle and the "seat nazis" came by 3 times and told us to go back to seats. It was awful.

Is this the venue where they don't allow aerosol cans? I remember stuffing my freeze it down my pants and hiding in the bathroom stall flushing the toilet while I sprayed cp's hair down. I was also talking to a friend in the aisle and the "seat nazis" came by 3 times and told us to go back to seats. It was awful.
It sure is, it is on NIU campus.

Schaumburg is pretty great. We go to a few competitions at the convention center there. It's the one attached to the Renaissance Hotel. We go to Jam LIVE there and Jamfest Nationals Chicago (which is now being replaced on the same weekend with the GLCC Showdown this year), and I have never really had any complaints about the venue. I did attend CSG Supernationals in March as a spectator, and they did not have a raised stage like the other events I've attended. It was a little weird because there was way more seating on the sides than in the front, but that's not really a venue problem, it's an EP set-up problem.

Schaumburg is pretty great. We go to a few competitions at the convention center there. It's the one attached to the Renaissance Hotel. We go to Jam LIVE there and Jamfest Nationals Chicago (which is now being replaced on the same weekend with the GLCC Showdown this year), and I have never really had any complaints about the venue. I did attend CSG Supernationals in March as a spectator, and they did not have a raised stage like the other events I've attended. It was a little weird because there was way more seating on the sides than in the front, but that's not really a venue problem, it's an EP set-up problem.

Good to know. I know that one of the comps we're considering is at Schaumburg, so any feedback is helpful. :)

Ok :)

16 - 17 Jun World Cup Cheer Regionals (Brisbane, Aus)
7 - 8 Jul Australia All Stars Cheerleading Federation Winterfest (Brisbane, Aus)
4 - 5 Aug World Cup Cheep States (Brisbane, Aus)
17 - 18 Aug Cheer Con Classics (Gold Coast, Aus)
25 - 26 Aug Australia All Stars Cheerleading Federation States (Brisbane, Aus)
22 - 25 Sept World Cup Cheer Asia Pacific Finals (Brisbane, Aus)
26 - 28 Oct Australia All Stars Cheerleading Federation Nationals (Sydney, Aus)
3 Nov Australasian Majors (Brisbane, Aus)

I will be at the Australasian Majors with my two teams and AllstarErin

We didn't go through the UCA package because our gym was able to get a Disney hotel for a lower rate for us along with a charter bus that we used for our team transportation. Here's what it included:

$550 R/T airfare from Chicago for 2
$308 UCA Commuter Fee for Athletes not staying at the Allstar Sports Resort (includes their competition entry fees and park 3-day park hopper pass)
$209 3-Day Park Hopper Pass (required since some teams compete in the Disney parks)
$56 R/T Airport Shuttle
$244 Our Half of 3-night hotel stay at Disney Dolphin hotel
$600 Food, incidentals, souvenirs, etc.

We probably could have cut back on some of the souvenirs and stuff that was bought, but in my case, it was my CP's first time at Disney, first time on a plane, etc. So, we probably spent more on that than necessary, but the food at Disney is expensive!! I think the cheapest meal, for myself and my CP, as $25 and that was burgers and fries. We left early Friday morning and flew home Monday afternoon.
Thank you! I live in Atlanta so I'm sure I will be driving. I know your CP enjoyed Disney and the plane ride.

Back