All-Star Competing Out Of Order

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
We're attending a National this weekend and I noticed a few teams are competing "out of order" - like almost 2 hours after the division is over. Do you think this gives a team an advantage or disadvantage.

neither. if they are competeting out of order is probably because they cant be their when their division performs, which means they wouldn't get to see the other teams anyway.

I don't see an issue with a team going out of order if it's on the schedule, however we have been to two competitions this year where teams in our division were moved to the end of the competition right before they were suppose to perform ... to me that gives them an unfair advantage and puts stress on the remaining teams.

I've actually had coaches at past gyms who have judged before tell me that there is a certain way they judge teams...the ones they've been to generally judge the teams that go nearer to the end or last in their division easier and the teams that go first in the division or earlier in the day harder. I don't think it would effect the team going two hours later bc by that time the other teams in their division are probably out of their mind and they have no other team to compare them to. But if anything, I think it would be an advantage.

I've actually had coaches at past gyms who have judged before tell me that there is a certain way they judge teams...the ones they've been to generally judge the teams that go nearer to the end or last in their division easier and the teams that go first in the division or earlier in the day harder. I don't think it would effect the team going two hours later bc by that time the other teams in their division are probably out of their mind and they have no other team to compare them to. But if anything, I think it would be an advantage.

Thats kind of what i was thinking. but then thats not really fair to the rest of the teams in the division that are going on when they are supposed to.

I always considered it a disadvantage competing out of division. I always felt that you were judged more critically.

It could go either way: If the division was great and they still remember that, the team competing later might be judged harshly compared to the teams that stood out in the judges minds. On the other hand, if the division was lousy, it's a fresh start for them to really wow the judges (or if the judges completely forgot, it could also make them seem really good). It could totally depend on the situation and how far out of division they are.

As a spectator I find it annoying, I like watching all the teams from one division all in a row rather than changing back and forth...must be the ADD in me...LOL

why can't they move the whole division ?

I hate going out of order...and I do EVERYTHING to avoid it.

I think as a spectator it is hard and I am sure athletes are not thrilled with it but sometimes things happend and it can not be prevented. It is a last resort but sometimes needs to be done.

I don't see an issue with a team going out of order if it's on the schedule, however we have been to two competitions this year where teams in our division were moved to the end of the competition right before they were suppose to perform ... to me that gives them an unfair advantage and puts stress on the remaining teams.

I agree. If it is on the schedule I am completely ok with it. However, when my kids finish warm up and are next to go on the floor and we get bumped because "this team has crossovers" (we do as well), I find it extremely irritating. Isnt this why competition companies ask ahead of time if a team has crossovers? Every time I have been to this specific company, we have been moved and moved again... Needless to say, they lost our business.

I think as a spectator it is hard and I am sure athletes are not thrilled with it but sometimes things happend and it can not be prevented. It is a last resort but sometimes needs to be done.

The only time we were moved with this company when someone was seriously injured, I was fine with that. As far as the other 6 times... NOT OK! Injuries happen. Moves happen. But injury would be the only allowable excuse in my book for an unscheduled change in performance order.

everyone needs to remember this is an ACT weekend lol so that with the weather in the south it will probably happen at every competition.

IMO....while most of us here on the "board" eat, sleep and dream cheer....we must remember that is it just that...cheer.....life happens...from being nominated prom queen to school events that affect grades...these are huge events for our children and I feel we must all relax and be flexible for everyone of them....life is too short to stress it....work hard....be nice and leave your best 2:30 on the floor whenever you go...in order or not....just have fun!!!

Back