All-Star Competition Hair Tips

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 10, 2017
Looks like we are going with high teased ponys, at least at the start of the season. CP hair will tease and look good prior to going to warm-ups. By the time they get off the mat competing, it's pretty much flat. Any tips on keeping it up? I thought about getting a bun doughnut and cutting it in half. Any other suggestions? I just can't spend $200+ on a hair piece.

My daughter’s hair is the same way! I would spend 45 minutes teasing to the sky, only to have it be flat by the end of warmups. Last season we got a hairpiece from cheerleaderhairpieces.com. It was not as expensive and I’m sure won’t hold up as long. But at least it didn’t break the bank. They were pretty simple to put in and I didn’t have any issue with it falling out mid-routine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like we are going with high teased ponys, at least at the start of the season. CP hair will tease and look good prior to going to warm-ups. By the time they get off the mat competing, it's pretty much flat. Any tips on keeping it up? I thought about getting a bun doughnut and cutting it in half. Any other suggestions? I just can't spend $200+ on a hair piece.
Are you still at Stingrays? Their tease seems to be much more subtle than a Cali or CA tease. You're probably okay with just a bit of extra body.

That being said, I used to stack hair ties and sometimes even create a second mini pony using the bottom chunk of my ponytail.

I have been wanted to try to use a small (tiny) crimping iron as an alternative to teasing, but the gym I'm at currently doesn't go for the huge hair look.

Put a small bun within the main pony, and then tease the top part over the bun to hide it. Lots of my team-mates with long thick hair and no posh do this to keep their pony higher and it works pretty well

Are you still at Stingrays? Their tease seems to be much more subtle than a Cali or CA tease. You're probably okay with just a bit of extra body.

That being said, I used to stack hair ties and sometimes even create a second mini pony using the bottom chunk of my ponytail.
Yes we are. Some of our athletes are getting Posh Pony’s. Thanks for the tip.

We can’t tease my daughters hair (too curly), so we bought her a pony through beehive cheer hair. We had to get pretty much the biggest size, due to the huge amount of hair my daughter has, and it was only $170 and she makes and ships them quickly. We were super happy with it

I like the look of a high teased pony if it's not too crazy... but I'm glad I don't have to do it. CP's hair does not hold a tease. Our new gym usually does buns. It's kinda cute and not too hard to do I hope.

Good luck with that @SthrnCheerMom !

Has anyone uses a bumpit under the pony to keep it high after teasing?
We bought one in Indy for Jamfest last season. It looked OK, except that you could see it from the side when she was basing and looking up. Teasing powder on the rats nest and minimal hair spray is the best we could do to keep the pony up high. Good luck!

We bought one in Indy for Jamfest last season. It looked OK, except that you could see it from the side when she was basing and looking up. Teasing powder on the rats nest and minimal hair spray is the best we could do to keep the pony up high. Good luck!
Thank you for the feedback. So minimal hairspray. Do you think it weighs it down?

Back