All-Star Competitions?!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

mommy2mygirls

Cheer Parent
Nov 3, 2010
What makes one competition company better than another?

I know a lot of you are from the BIG gyms that we know and LOVE! We are from a smaller gym in lowly ole Michigan where only a few understand the joy and insanity that is competitive cheer.

So....there are some big companies/comps around here but I've seen some pretty small ones too there seem to be so many options I just wonder how/why some gyms pick certain comps and not others.

Just curious :) :)

For us its about costs, judging, score sheets, and the comp running among other things. Distance also plays a factor.

When I coached we looked at scoresheets, cost and level of competition. One year my rec team went to Virginia Beach for US Finals just because that location historically had the most rec teams. We competed against 13 teams there instead of being the only team in that division had we done the one in Columbus.

We went to one competition last year because of the score sheet. I think a lot of teams do that, too.

When I coached we looked at scoresheets, cost and level of competition. One year my rec team went to Virginia Beach for US Finals just because that location historically had the most rec teams. We competed against 13 teams there instead of being the only team in that division had we done the one in Columbus.
I would MUCH RATHER do that than go against one team..I hate those kind of comps!

Back