All-Star Competitive Levels And Divisions This Year...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

MzLyn23

Cheer Parent
Sep 16, 2014
This probably doesn't change every year but I'm curious to know what is everyone's opinion for this season which division and level is going to be filled with heavier competition but keep in mind I would like to exclude level 5/6 since we all know those are very competitive levels! Let's range it from Tiny 1 (and no not competitive cause they're cute lol) thru Senior level 4 coed/all girl. Please include even the size (small or large).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Around here it seems to be M1, Y2, J3, S3 and S4 that are the heaviest.

In our area, M1, Y1, Y2, Y3, Jr 1, Jr 3 and S 4.2 are always the biggest divisions with some of the toughest competition. Last season, I also noticed quite a few Tiny 1 teams that kind of blew my mind so I can see that division slowly evolving as one of the more challenging after the new age limit increase.

In the U.K. The most competitive divisions are senior 1 and youth 2/3.. all of the tiny/youth/junior divisions are becoming extremely competitive now- I cannot wait to see the future of our cheer in years to come!!

I hope I see more O4 (I literally saw two O4 teams in my 2 years of cheer.) I want to see my first ever Y5 team. My current gym (State) has a Y4 team this year (never seen one.) I've seen one J5 team but that was last year (PA Elite).

I feel like the Y2 division was less competitive last year and I hope it makes a comeback. Junior 2, junior 3 and senior 4 seemed to be very deep divisions last year. I feel like I watched several competitions where a maxed out hit earned 5th place because there were 4 other teams that were just as amazing.

Small anything is a bloodbath, learned that last season. Small J2 and S3 are always a packed division. Youth 1 is a always huge division but usually teams are night and day.

Last season for my girl's small j2 team we always had at least 24 teams in that division with the exception of one very small one-day competition.

In germany they are allowing the J3 division again and after talking to girls at other gyms, most bigger gyms do have a J3 team this year.

This probably doesn't exist, lol, but is there a list somewhere of every gym with every team? Except for her 1st year in cheer (m1) she has never been in a large division! M2 was small, two years on Y3 which was fairly small, and then 3 years on large J4 teams which was also a lot smaller division than I expected! I feel her team will be competing against itself this year at all but the very largest comps! (Sm J5R) I just don't remember seeing this division much...

The most competitive divisions we see in our area are Small Y2, Small J3, Small Coed 4

I can't really give an opinion for this season since we haven't started our comp season yet but from last season in our area it was:
Small Y1
Small J3
Small J2

So interesting to read! My daughter was in M1 last year (first year) and it was always very small. We usually only had 3-4 teams in every comp and the biggest we went to had maybe 8-9? I'm learning so much as a cheer mom!

Back