Conditioning Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 16, 2015
I displaced my growth plate in my left wrist back in February, and have had my cast off now for a number of weeks. Tonight was the first night I tried to tumble again. I did a single back handspring on my gyms Trampoline Tumble Track and it hurt. I knew it would hurt due to the fact that I haven't used these muscles in a number of months, but I have tryouts soon, and I just miss tumbling. What are some conditioning exercises I can do to increase the muscle in my wrist, so it can build strength up again?

Last edited:
Squeeze a tennis ball in hour hand while rotating your wrists inward and outward,
Roll up a towel with your hands, unroll, roll.
Do handstands/ on a folded wedge. Don't try to go to handstand, just kick up so you you start transferring weight to to your wrists without putting entire body weight on them.
The elastic bands work well too. Just dont over do them, :)

Anything to get light weight bearing on your hands/wrist. Pushups maybe, but start with modified and work your way up. If that hurts, do them against a wall, then modified. Easy burpies. Slowly work into bridges. Tumble Yoda has great suggestions to start with, which are similar to physio. Can you go to physio?? They can give you some great exercises too.

After I broke my arm, I did swimming to build up muscle again at a low impact. If you can swim, use those hand paddles for front crawl to strengthen arms and wrists. Plus you'll have killer cardio for tryouts too

Squeeze a tennis ball in hour hand while rotating your wrists inward and outward,
Roll up a towel with your hands, unroll, roll.
Do handstands/ on a folded wedge. Don't try to go to handstand, just kick up so you you start transferring weight to to your wrists without putting entire body weight on them.
The elastic bands work well too. Just dont over do them, :)
Okay, awesome thanks :)

Back