High School Conditioning

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Our coach usually has us do about 15 minutes of abs (variety of different styles of crunches), sometimes legs (squats and similar things), and we usually run at least once a week.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I make my kids run before every practice, we stretch, do our daily ab workout which consists of 6 different sets of 50 crunches, and then we do 5 of each jump: toe touch, rt hurdler, left hurdler, double 9, pike, double whip, and 3-5 combo jumps.....that's just our workout before practice though. I will add conditioning in there alternating legs, arms, or flexibility days as well. Just depends on what's needed.

Just a cheer girl livin in the cheer world

I make my kids run before every practice, we stretch, do our daily ab workout which consists of 6 different sets of 50 crunches, and then we do 5 of each jump: toe touch, rt hurdler, left hurdler, double 9, pike, double whip, and 3-5 combo jumps.....that's just our workout before practice though. I will add conditioning in there alternating legs, arms, or flexibility days as well. Just depends on what's needed.

Just a cheer girl livin in the cheer world

Sounds just like my practices

What does your team do for conditioning?

For conditioning we alternate between different programs we have designed.
Some things we include are:
running stairs
crunches
pushups
wall sits
planks
tricep dips
burpees
etc
We always do a circuit of some kind where the team is divided into groups and each group is doing a different activity.

I have my cheerleaders do the following each practice:
stretch (led by one cheerleader)
jumps (5 of each plus kicks, both sides)
straddle leg lifts
straddle flutters
cheer burpees
Bases: elevated arm push-ups, elevated leg push-ups, and explode jumps
Flyers:pull thru's, heel stretch holds (both sides), and elevated splits (both sides)

End of practice:
3 line drills
3 tuck jump drills
5 down and backs

Then we alternate each practice between an ab circuit, leg circuit, and an arm circuit.

I'm not a runner, never have been, but I will have the girls sometimes jog laps while yelling cheers or we do wall squats and yell the cheers.

We condition the 1st 30 minutes of every practice. We start with running - beginning of season is 5 min, by the end of season we are running 10-15 minutes. Then we do low v cheer jacks straight into high v cheer jacks (30 each). Then we do a conditioning circuit which changes up each week (thank you Debbie Love & fortheloveoftumbling.com):
Full body (candlesticks, burpees, mountain climbers, candlestick one-leg, burpee tuck jumps, etc)
Arms (wide-regular-diamond pushups, wiper pushups, shoulder taps, pushup pops, etc)
Abs (v ups, toe touch ups, scissors, hollow rolls, etc.)
Legs (squat jumps, calf raises, lunges, etc.)
Repeat circuit 3 times - start with basic exercises at beginning of season & add difficulty as season progresses. During the summer (June & July practices) we also run a mile on the track at school after practice.

Back