High School Conditioning

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I recently got this for my team... was a great decision:

BYBSWojAR7R

I made a numbered list of stuff (V ups, burpees, plank jacks, lemon squeezes, etc.) and the girls pick whatever number they want. We do the numbers they pick for 45 seconds straight and then they get to rest for 15 seconds. They feel like they're in control and actually want to be the one who picks the hardest number.

My old gym had a spinning wheel similar to the dice.
Amazon product ASIN B01N1V6C4Y

We do all of our conditioning as HIIT training to cheer mixes with a one-two minute break between each mix. Now that they've gotten solid at stunting we also do a lot of stunt drills as conditioning like show and goes, shotguns, power presses, etc. We do the same thing for those where they do it for the duration of the mix with a few minutes in between to rest.
Now that we have almost majority tumbling (one away and three girls are close!!!) we've started to work standing skills in as well like burpee handsprings. The girls that don't tumble do burpee toe touch.

When they were being lazy in jumps once I had them do sets of cheer mixes where they did a toe touch every 8 count. They did not like that one lol

Back