All-Star Confessions Of A Cheermom

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

OMG we could totally be twins! When my daughter told me a few weeks ago she didn't want to do allstar anymore, I seriously cried. Then I offered to drive her to CEA (which is an hour and 45 minutes one way).....she still said no, she's burnt out. She told me "Mom, you can't be a cheer mom forever". She does still want to attend Worlds though (which we conveniently planned our Disney vacation around this year). I'm hoping that will change her mind!

Update: I dont have to be a junkie looking for a cheer fix anymore :) Took CP to CEA last weekend for a private and a tumbling clinic....she is in LOVE! Wants to try out and it was a shorter drive than I thought (only took us about an hour and 15 from where her school is, about an hour and 30 from our house).

Now, about that drink at Worlds.....

Update: I dont have to be a junkie looking for a cheer fix anymore :) Took CP to CEA last weekend for a private and a tumbling clinic....she is in LOVE! Wants to try out and it was a shorter drive than I thought (only took us about an hour and 15 from where her school is, about an hour and 30 from our house).

Now, about that drink at Worlds.....
that should be plural as in DRINKS. Must do Drinks around the World in Epcot while there. At least 1 drink in every country.

The best is when there is a hotel attached to the venue. Then you can hide in the bar ;) That also often helps with nerves and enthusiasm! Lol.
As a new cheer mom (well, almost new, my daughter is auditioning Saturday for her first team) you guys have just made me love comps all the more!! Nice to know I wasn't the only one wishing I could calm my fears! I've gone to many a comp to watch my amazing niece cheer and never considered smuggling booze!

I absolutely love this thread!!

Besides being a coach, I'm a cheer mom too and my confession is that I have kept my CP home from school if she's not feeling well to make sure she's okay for practice that night. :oops:
Im not a mom, but an athlete, and I will go to the nurse to send me home if i dont feel good so I am ok for practice.

Great thread. My daughter has been out of cheer for 4 years now. During her last year it became my goal to not pay an entrance fee at any competition. I would walk in with a group of people as all of them are holding up the wristbands and I would just hold up an empty wrist and walk right in. I got caught once, turned around and went in another door and a different guard never said a word. I suggest you try it, worst case you turn around and go purchase a band. Also find parents with younger kids who compete in the mornings. You can offer them 1/2 price for the wrist band as they are leaving to go home.

Don't know if he still does it since his daughter is in college, but does a certain dad still come prepared with the adult Gummi bears?
For my younger sister's comps I used to throw on her spare team jacket & bow. You can get in anywhere with confidence and a little glitter.

One year my cp broke her foot 2 weeks before Final Destination which was a huge deal for our gym. We had received a paid bid and it was just a good level 3 team with a great routine. She was wearing a boot and the coaches had asked me if she could stay in the routine and just not jump or tumble. Long story short, I ended up removing her boot and having her wear her shoes with an air cast so she could fly and do a basket. Still no jumping or tumbling but I seriously felt like a nominee for the worst mother of the year award. Every time I look at the pictures from that comp I am reminded of what and awful decision it was.
The fact that you feel badly about that decision lets me know you're a good parent. I wouldnt beat yourself up over it. When I was younger my mom took casts/braces off my body on 2 separate occasions so I could perform. It was an iffy call, but I was fine then & am fine now. I don't hold anything against her and I'm sure your cp doesn't either.

I will just say that if you see me walking around with a huge McDonald's cup......it might be sweet tea or it might not be. All of my kids know to ask before drinking out of my cup.
not to give anyone ideas or anything...
screen-shot-2011-08-03-at-4-24-37-pm.png

For the 21+ crowd: get a lemon slush from Sonic, ask for a medium but have them put it in a large cup so you have mixing room, add raspberry vodka, drink happily by the pool all afternoon :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
OMG that sounds sooooo good - defiantly going to make this. When will summer get here - I can't wait:cool:

Back