High School Confessions Of A High School Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I really haven't updated mine since i started this thread..here are more of mine.
- I hate, hate, HATE when my coach changes a cheer and lets us do it twice, and says its on youtube and to practice it at home. sorry, but i wont. I won't see it all, and i won't get it.
- tiny flyers that think they are perfect. but..they really don't lock their legs out, and their "great" skills are terrible.
- when people underestimate my skills. Just because I'm bigger then all the flyers, does not mean I'm not as good. I know what it takes to be a great flyer, I use to back and base.
- IF ONE MORE GIRL ON MY TEAM GETS VENGENCES AND WEARS THEM ON GRASS I WILL FLIP OUT. THEY ARE WHITE AND EXPENSIVE. DO NOT WEAR THEM ON OUR TRACK OR IN GRASS.
- also like the above one. I've had mine since basketball season, now all a sudden all my teammates (who barely understand/even know about allstars) are getting them and thinking they're hot stuff and are allstar material. NO.
- Captains, DO.NOT.BRAG. I won't continue on this one, because I will get nasty. It makes me so angry...
- People that skip practices. my team, you miss 3 you get suspended. if you miss one after being suspended you're off the team. otherwise if you miss 5 you're off the team.
- When you get made fun of not only privately, but publicly AND on social media for being a cheerleader and the entire program being called a joke daily.
- when we don't start getting ready for our routine for a comp until the comp is a week away..
- basket tosses. No. No. No. Please. God. No.
- when people goofing off causes the entire team to have to run, i will be mad at you for a long time.
- Freshman causing us to not compete football season. Big deal the game day comp is on the day of the homecoming dance, YOU STILL GET TO GO TO HOMECOMING. YOU GET 4 YEARS OF HOMECOMING. And dinner and photos isn't that big of a deal... still super bitter about this...

Okay..Sorry that turned into many rants. but yeah. people annoy me. a lot. and games haven't even started yet.

- Freshman causing us to not compete football season. Big deal the game day comp is on the day of the homecoming dance, YOU STILL GET TO GO TO HOMECOMING. YOU GET 4 YEARS OF HOMECOMING. And dinner and photos isn't that big of a deal... still super bitter about this...
I'm confused... so you're missing the dance or game for a competition?

I'm confused... so you're missing the dance or game for a competition?
Neither. It woulda been a competition the day of the dance. And we wouldn't of don't normal cheer hair or full cheer makeup. We'd do prom-like updos and minimal makeup. And after we competed our coach would redo our hair if needed and do our makeup and we'd have our dresses and change and leave and go right to the dance.
We didn't know if we'd get back really early or just in time for the dance

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I hate when coaches put people in the air because they're the favorite and are tiny, even though they have terrible technique and no flexibility. And then she has to put the strongest bases under the smallest flyer because the flyer has bad technique. And the bigger flyers who have good technique get stuck with itty bitty, new bases. Not a good plan!

AMEN sister!!!!

I really haven't updated mine since i started this thread..here are more of mine.
- tiny flyers that think they are perfect. but..they really don't lock their legs out, and their "great" skills are terrible.
- when people underestimate my skills. Just because I'm bigger then all the flyers, does not mean I'm not as good. I know what it takes to be a great flyer, I use to back and base.

- Captains, DO.NOT.BRAG. I won't continue on this one, because I will get nasty. It makes me so angry...
- basket tosses. No. No. No. Please. God. No.

These are my fav! Exactly how I feel!!

-So called flyers with no real technique messing up my pyramids
-there are 20 of u...ehy can't I hear you across the field
-I don't wanna run another lap
-U want me to cheer in 45° weather?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Sideline complaint:
When a girl who is normally spot-on with chants screws up once, and the coach throws a fit. Meanwhile, no one says anything when a girl never knows her chants, even later on in the season.

When girls think they can slide by being lazy during practice and at games because everyone thinks that said girls are good just because they're hot and they've done all-star.

I kid you not this happens to me at least once a season... My coach loves to throw fits when my group marks stunts meanwhile... the whole summer all everyone did was watch my group stunt while they all counted...

-So called flyers with no real technique messing up my pyramids
-there are 20 of u...ehy can't I hear you across the field
-I don't wanna run another lap
-U want me to cheer in 45° weather?

45 degree weather is a lot nicer when you have to cheer in 0 degree weather!

Okay, I have a lot to say about my first year as a high school cheerleader.

-I actually love football
-I hate that our coaches have basically no experience and try to correct us on everything but they don't even know the cheers or dances.. Especially my jv coach.
-I hate trying to learn stunts from a video with the coaches trying to figure it out for themselves, but they get mad when we cant hit.
-Injuries. Coming into cheerleading I understood that I could be injured but I didn't realize that I'd sprain my ankle and partially tear a ligament 4 days before my regionals cross country meet. I've been out from it since after regionals but the coaches keep making me run on it..
-I hate when one girl says we're doing this without talking to us about it(jv)
-I love wearing my uniform to school
-Cheer Camp was the death of me.. I defiantly was not prepared for camp from 6am-10/11pm. After we learned our extreme routine we had to stay in my coaches room doing it from about 9-11. I had a breakdown the 2nd day
-I love flying but I never can because I'm not 90lbs.. I'm 4'11 and 102lbs with good flexibility and body positions.
-The coaches give no consideration for you. Recovering from a torn ligament from my ankle.. From cheer.. They still make me workout and don't even care if you're in tears.
-I'm ready for cheer to be over

-I love flying but I never can because I'm not 90lbs.. I'm 4'11 and 102lbs with good flexibility and body positions.

See our coaches told us that a little extra weight doesn't matter. We are a bunch of big girls on the team, so an extra 12lbs is nothing. Some 90lb girls aren't the best flyers so we do it mostly on talent instead of weight.

-I hate that our coaches have basically no experience and try to correct us on everything but they don't even know the cheers or dances.. Especially my jv coach.
-I hate trying to learn stunts from a video with the coaches trying to figure it out for themselves, but they get mad when we cant hit.
-Injuries. Coming into cheerleading I understood that I could be injured but I didn't realize that I'd sprain my ankle and partially tear a ligament 4 days before my regionals cross country meet. I've been out from it since after regionals but the coaches keep making me run on it..
-Cheer Camp was the death of me.. I defiantly was not prepared for camp from 6am-10/11pm. After we learned our extreme routine we had to stay in my coaches room doing it from about 9-11. I had a breakdown the 2nd day
-The coaches give no consideration for you. Recovering from a torn ligament from my ankle.. From cheer.. They still make me workout and don't even care if you're in tears.

I know I don't know your entire story and all, but are you sure cheerleading is for you? From what you posted, it doesn't really seem like you enjoy it. At all. And the coaching doesn't sound too great either.

Your coaches need to be re-evaluated it seems... Making you train while still clearly injured? Practicing a camp routine until 11 at night? No experience...? Doesn't seem safe to me...

P.S You don't need to be 90 lbs to be a flyer. All that matters is you know how to hold your weight and control your body...and I hope you do not think 102 and is too heavy to fly...I hope your "coaches" haven't brainwashed you into thinking that, because that is not healthy...

Back