High School Confessions Of A High School Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Your coaches need to be re-evaluated it seems... Making you train while still clearly injured? Practicing a camp routine until 11 at night? No experience...? Doesn't seem safe to me...

That may of been AM. We had our camp from 8AM-3PM including that extreme routine, which we did so so so so many times and I never caught onto that dance

That may of been AM. We had our camp from 8AM-3PM including that extreme routine, which we did so so so so many times and I never caught onto that dance
It very well could have been, but from her post it seems she's implying it was PM, especially since 9-11 would be during camp hours :confused:

It very well could have been, but from her post it seems she's implying it was PM, especially since 9-11 would be during camp hours :confused:

At camp before my senior year my coach had us in her dorm room at the college the camp was at practicing the extreme routine until almost midnight. After getting up at 6 am that day and the day after. Worst three days of my life.

At camp before my senior year my coach had us in her dorm room at the college the camp was at practicing the extreme routine until almost midnight. After getting up at 6 am that day and the day after. Worst three days of my life.
My coach decided that it was a good idea to have a lock-in the 2nd to last day of camp. Yeah, final evaluations are reeeal fun running on 2-3 hours of sleep.

I feel like every team has one night at camp where they're up suuuuper late and people get emotional and tired and it's just not very fun.

I feel like every team has one night at camp where they're up suuuuper late and people get emotional and tired and it's just not very fun.
That's part of team bonding at camp.....learning to work together & still function when everyone is tired and grumpy! haha:cheering:

so basically that happened when I went to camp,we all wanted to kill each other and five people ended up quitting...

Oh man, did they quit at camp? How would that even work???
They quit after camp.... It didn't really matter because the one girl it was a situation where because she was older our coach let her fly even though the younger flyer was better so the younger flyer ended up flying in her place. And then the alternates became permanent... They weren't willing to put the work in like the rest of so we ended up being better...

so basically that happened when I went to camp,we all wanted to kill each other and five people ended up quitting...
Little Sis had been to UCA camp several times but the rest of her squad hadn't (we moved to new school system) & they were all surprised that it wasn't fun fun fun kinda camp ... it's more like BOOT CAMP. :confused:

Little's "Three Things You Need to Know About Cheer Camp" are:
1. You will get hurt.
2. You will get in a fight.
3. You will cry.

(1. You'll either actually get injured or just feel like you want to die coz you're so exhausted & sore & bruised.)
(2. Expect drama and fights between people and understand that as much as you LOVE everyone right now, you will despise nearly every person on your squad by the last day of camp. This will pass once you get home and get some rest, but it's sucky when it's happening.)
(3. You'll cry at least once - maybe multiple times - either coz you're sooo tired, you're fighting, you're hurt, you messed up in evals, you didn't make All-American, your team didn't place where you wanted, or some other random reason but it WILL happen. To everyone. At least once.)

These are like the best 3 things bout camp I've ever seen coz it's so accurate plus short & easy to remember.
Hurt. Fight. Cry.
YES!
Obviously there are lots of good things bout camp (and as a coach I saw a lot of positives) but girls should def be warned about the not-so-good things! Little was prepared so she wasn't surprised or freaked out when all 3 happened to her squad but the other girls acted like it was the end of their cheer life forever. She spent lotta time telling everyone "it's ok, this is normal ..." ;)

-On JV, I hated cheering for football season.
- Don't say you can't find that bow or you don't like this uniform, I don't care. Especially when 10 out of 15 complain about it.
- Actually be loud. I hate being the only one on the back two rows in basketball season yelling. Last game I was sick and still was yelling with my voice cracking every time.
- I love basketball season
- Some parents are louder than us and it's really sad
- Don't have PDA with your boyfriend at game
- Don't give your boyfriend our leftover food when you didn't bring it
- I hate when people place blame on me when a stunt doesn't hit perfectly when I know it's not my fault. I admit when I did something wrong
- If you're a captain, don't give everyone else an attitude and yell at them for a simple question.
- I love the feeling when the crowd cheers for us during quarter cheers
- I admit my team did freak out because a rival school's cheerleader did a full on the basketball floor and that's illegal
- Don't start screaming like an idiot when it's a timeout and the whole gym is silent
- My team doesn't have much of a work ethic

Most of that was a rant about how I don't like my team but that's after my first season of football and most of basketball season

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

-On JV, I hated cheering for football season.
- Don't say you can't find that bow or you don't like this uniform, I don't care. Especially when 10 out of 15 complain about it.

My junior year we got brand new uniforms and then senior year none of the new girls to varsity liked them as much as the girls who wore them last year (the seniors). And we wore them for like every competition (because they were brand new!) and the younger girls were all "You just like them because you're the only ones who look good in them" Like #1 okay, yeah I looked better in mine than you because the Varsity rep came and sized this exact uniform for me perfectly last year and you're wearing one that was sized for someone who is no longer on the team #2 We didn't wear them because we thought we (the seniors) looked better in them, we were them because they are only one season old and our other ones were like six (maybe more) years old! I seriously hated that.

My junior year we got brand new uniforms and then senior year none of the new girls to varsity liked them as much as the girls who wore them last year (the seniors). And we wore them for like every competition (because they were brand new!) and the younger girls were all "You just like them because you're the only ones who look good in them" Like #1 okay, yeah I looked better in mine than you because the Varsity rep came and sized this exact uniform for me perfectly last year and you're wearing one that was sized for someone who is no longer on the team #2 We didn't wear them because we thought we (the seniors) looked better in them, we were them because they are only one season old and our other ones were like six (maybe more) years old! I seriously hated that.

We have several uniforms but only 1 fit every girl (at least decently). So we tried on some older uniforms that our Varsity team doesn't use. The old varsity uniform top I have doesn't fit me at all but I got over it as soon as people started complaining about not liking the uniform.

We have several uniforms but only 1 fit every girl (at least decently). So we tried on some older uniforms that our Varsity team doesn't use. The old varsity uniform top I have doesn't fit me at all but I got over it as soon as people started complaining about not liking the uniform.

We went from a varsity team of 20 to 27 with a ton of girls who are just teeny tiny so we needed more uniforms, ordered them.... Mine was about 3 sizes too big but none of the other unis fit me (well they didn't cover my butt...). And then girls are complaining about wearing a medium when they need a small. I'm like "excuse me I had to add extra buttons on my skirt to keep it from falling completely off my body and I'm not complaining..."

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

If you're not going to be at a basketball game PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR TEAM find someone to cheer for you! And if you can't find anyone you better have a good excuse why you don't have anyone to cheer for you because it's embarrassing being at a game with 6 girls when you should have 12....

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back