High School Confessions Of A High School Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Okay, these are things that bugged the crap out of me in a what not to do list:
-Do not, I repeat DO NOT wear your warm up jacket everyday to school. It's a warm up jacket. Not an everyday jacket.
-Don't expect me to give you sympathy when you fake injuries. I won't do it.
-Awww, you forgot your warm up jacket and its freezing out and now nobody gets to wear theirs? I hate you.
I just love you for these specific ones...

I hate team texts. They blow up my phone and kill my battery. If someone asks a question, all 21 of you don't have to reply!!!
our captain changed what we were wearing the morning off, so she sent out a group text where everyone had to respond then she texted the group just to say "we are walking to the track meet us there if your not with us" (froze my phone) then the entire team had to respond saying they were already there my phone shut off and wouldn't turn back on until they all stopped texting

-I hate that my coach let's the seniors run practice. You're getting paid for this. Why don't you actually do something besides sit on your butt?
-Im the only one on my team that misses my old coach. She was hard on us but we actually looked good at games.
-DON'T MAKE RULES IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO ENFORCE THEM/ ONLY ENFORCE THEM ON CERTAIN GIRLS.
-I have no sympathy if you didn't learn your cheers and I think you should sit out every game until you can do every cheer by yourself without messing up. Not sorry. Letting you cheer makes us look bad and makes you think not knowing your cheers is okay.
-Evryone needs to wear their bow facing the same way. It drives me absolutely INSANE.
-I miss my old coach because we conditioned at practice and actually stunted and tumbled. Now we work on cheers.
-don't laugh when you mess up.
-if you can tumble I expect you to tumble at games. Don't stand on the sideline. It frustrates me to no end when the same people tumble every single timeout.
literally this are my thoughts!

-I hate that my coach let's the seniors run practice. You're getting paid for this. Why don't you actually do something besides sit on your butt?
-Im the only one on my team that misses my old coach. She was hard on us but we actually looked good at games.
-DON'T MAKE RULES IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO ENFORCE THEM/ ONLY ENFORCE THEM ON CERTAIN GIRLS.
-I have no sympathy if you didn't learn your cheers and I think you should sit out every game until you can do every cheer by yourself without messing up. Not sorry. Letting you cheer makes us look bad and makes you think not knowing your cheers is okay.
-Evryone needs to wear their bow facing the same way. It drives me absolutely INSANE.
-I miss my old coach because we conditioned at practice and actually stunted and tumbled. Now we work on cheers.
-don't laugh when you mess up.
-if you can tumble I expect you to tumble at games. Don't stand on the sideline. It frustrates me to no end when the same people tumble every single timeout.
literally this are my thoughts!

I thought of more....
- I judge teams that use front spots on the sidelines, especially for just fulls and halfs. Those people could be doing motions in the front. Not effective crowdleading at all!

- I hate the stupid high school spiriting, especially the diagonal wave. Collegiate cheerleaders do it so much better.

- I can't stand it when cheers are yelled at like 250 words a minute. (Sorry NCA teams, I'm looking at you.) I have no clue what they're saying!

- If you hold your poms in the wrong hand you are also an idiot to me.

And I'm not trying to be mean, but Jj:* what is with the hashtags? This isn't twitter.

All the tumbling you will get out me at a game is some backhandsprings.
My junior and sophomore year I practically was the coach, and enjoyed it.
I will yell at you to be louder/fix your motions.
I was always that allstar cheerleader who hated cheering games but now that I have graduated I MISS IT MORE THAN ANYTHING !

pantherscheer2010 that upset me to read what you wrote about your Dad. More fathers need to learn that supporting your daughters is the most important thing you can EVER do. My CP does allstar cheer on a youth team, she is six, and I know very little about cheer but I vowed to learn all I could so I could support her.

this made me smile so hard. i know that she's going to appreciate it probably more than she'll ever be able to tell you. honestly parents like you on the boards who never had any interest in cheer prior to their kids getting involved inspire me so much because you guys have made the effort to learn more about it just because it's important to your kids.

-Don't wear Ugg boots, sandals or heels with your uniform when you have to wear them to school. Cheer shoes only.

have you ever actually had people do that? because it's kind of both the best and worst mental image i've ever had and i love you for it.

and one more confession: if you can't base a half without a front spot, please for the love of god don't try out. i know my school didn't have the best cheer program, but throwing up a half should really not require a front spot. i hated the fact that because our teams were organized by grade, not by talent, those of us who could actually do more difficult stunts were held back by a bunch of former dancers who made varsity just because they were seniors and then couldn't stunt to save their lives and didn't even try to learn. when two of the smallest flyers on the team are stronger bases than some of the actual bases, you have a problem.

this made me smile so hard. i know that she's going to appreciate it probably more than she'll ever be able to tell you. honestly parents like you on the boards who never had any interest in cheer prior to their kids getting involved inspire me so much because you guys have made the effort to learn more about it just because it's important to your kids.
Thank you!
I was raised by my mom after my parents split so I know what it's like to not have a father around. I hope my daughter never has to experience that and I plan on doing all I can to make sure it never will.
I couldn't think of a prouder moment than to see my CP on the sidelines of a UGA game.
I can dream...Can't I??

I thought of more....
- I judge teams that use front spots on the sidelines, especially for just fulls and halfs. Those people could be doing motions in the front. Not effective crowdleading at all!

- I hate the stupid high school spiriting, especially the diagonal wave. Collegiate cheerleaders do it so much better.

- I can't stand it when cheers are yelled at like 250 words a minute. (Sorry NCA teams, I'm looking at you.) I have no clue what they're saying!

- If you hold your poms in the wrong hand you are also an idiot to me.

And I'm not trying to be mean, but Jj:* what is with the hashtags? This isn't twitter.
Thats so funny cause i'm the complete opposite. I absolutely hate " Yell Go Blue, Yell Go White" type UCA cheers. I love when teams tell a story with their cheers. I think its so much more interesting. It's probably just because thats the type of cheering we did in my state though so im used to it haha

Thats so funny cause i'm the complete opposite. I absolutely hate " Yell Go Blue, Yell Go White" type UCA cheers. I love when teams tell a story with their cheers. I think its so much more interesting. It's probably just because thats the type of cheering we did in my state though so im used to it haha
Don't get me wrong, I like them too! But I most NCA cheers I hear are so freaking fast I can't make anything out!

i have just one...

I hate when my coach whos sitting in the stands NOWHERE near us, says we have to just keep looking at her to see the motions of what cheer to call. Just no. dont. give one of us a list and let us call...please

-Do not, I repeat DO NOT wear your warm up jacket everyday to school. It's a warm up jacket. Not an everyday jacket.
-Don't wear Ugg boots, sandals or heels with your uniform when you have to wear them to school. Cheer shoes only.
-Don't text me everyday asking what practice outfit we have to wear today, especially when I'm not the captain. There is a calendar, use it.
-Don't expect me to give you sympathy when you fake injuries. I won't do it.
-Awww, you forgot your warm up jacket and its freezing out and now nobody gets to wear theirs? I hate you.

-I may or may not have been one of my coaches favorites. I don't apologize.
-I stalked every team in my prelim for nationals to know if we had a good shot of moving on. I mean hardcore stalked. Like real hardcore.
THIS OMG.

seriously that would ruin my entire day. Girls would forget pants, gloves, jackets, uniforms.... so frustrating.

Thank you!
I was raised by my mom after my parents split so I know what it's like to not have a father around. I hope my daughter never has to experience that and I plan on doing all I can to make sure it never will.
I couldn't think of a prouder moment than to see my CP on the sidelines of a UGA game.
I can dream...Can't I??

I am a die hard UGA fan. I am also from Augusta Georgia!!!!!!!!!!

Back