High School Confessions Of A High School Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love basketball season. My school is the worst in football, but basketball is the tea at our school. Its why I don't do allstars. But I hate being told to be loud, when our gym is packed, and I can barley hear our captains calling a cheer.

I also hate captains. Not being bitter, but every team doesn't need captians. My captains are egotistical, and while I love them outside of cheer, they are the biggest pains. My coach knows but because they were voted they are stuck with their position. I just cant .

-I hate when freshmen think they are "it". All freshmen need to be put in there place on varsity and not talk back to upper classmen when asked to pick of signs or poms.
-I am nervous for Nationals!
-I hate our athletic Director!

My last one is that I absolutly love my coach! She is the best coach ever who truly wants us to be awesome and is great herself. She is former UCA instructor and works for varsity so we always have cute clothes and a great cheer section. She is awesome and I wouldn't want any other coach!

-I hate when freshmen think they are "it". All freshmen need to be put in there place on varsity and not talk back to upper classmen when asked to pick of signs or poms.
-I am nervous for Nationals!
-I hate our athletic Director!

My last one is that I absolutly love my coach! She is the best coach ever who truly wants us to be awesome and is great herself. She is former UCA instructor and works for varsity so we always have cute clothes and a great cheer section. She is awesome and I wouldn't want any other coach!

I know! I really hate it when people on the squad trash the coach. Especially if it's a good coach. Like really? Have some respect.

Confessions of a school cheer mom:

- Like some of the other posters, if you are a level 4 or 5 all-star cheerleader and won't even throw a ROBHS at a pep rally, you have no business being on the squad. Please don't try out again.
- A school cheerleader is not only there to lead the crowd but to entertain. Please tumble, jump and stunt. Fans like to see those things.
- Don't just go through the motions; there are words to the chants and cheers so use them.
- Please smile and act like you enjoy what you are doing. You make the entire squad look bad
- For all of the all-star girls who think they are too good to be on the Freshman and JV squads and wait to tryout for Varsity, do yourself and everyone a favor and stick with all-star cheer. You don't have the heart and commitment to be a Varsity cheerleader.

1. Forgeting any item of clothing that you need for a game. No, I don't have extra shoes with me, sorry maybe you should remember your own.

2. Wearing anything but cheer shoes and with the occasional exception of regular tennis shoes is not exceptable. A girl yesterday forgot shoes for practice, so she wore her sparkly toms.

3. Low, or side ways ponys. Please just wear a high pony tail and face your bow the correct way.

4. When people call hurdlers, "hurkies"

5. Grabbing an ankle instead of foot in a heelstretch

6. When people who have no cheer experience act like they know more than you

7. That one girl that doesn't wear a sports bra or a crazy colored bra. We have WHITE uniforms, does it really make sense to wear a bright pink cheetah bra?

8. When girls don't wear spanks underneath shorts. I cannot even begin how much that bugs me.

9. When people sing the cheers. You need to be sharp otherwise no one can understand what we're saying..

10. When I have a coach with absolutely no cheer backround, besides the fact her daughter does cheer.

- Know the difference between offense and defense, seriously.
- Don't try to act like those cheerleaders from the movies. I mean come on...
-Don't try to act dumb. Being dumb is not the same thing as being peppy.

I actually love cheering for basketball LOL.

AHHAHAH oh my gosh, I hate when a girl calls a cheer that says defense in it, and we are on offense. I thought I was the only girl who liked cheering for Basketball! Hahah i love it!!

Confessions of a school cheer mom:

- Like some of the other posters, if you are a level 4 or 5 all-star cheerleader and won't even throw a ROBHS at a pep rally, you have no business being on the squad. Please don't try out again.
- A school cheerleader is not only there to lead the crowd but to entertain. Please tumble, jump and stunt. Fans like to see those things.

THIS. I love you for this.:D:D

I hate it when cheerleaders post they went to a nationals when it was only a USA 1 day classic... That is not nationals!! Or when mothers post the same.

I hate when cheerleaders post they got third...when in reality that was last because there was only 3 in your division.

I hate it when cheerleaders or parents are the first to post when they win, but you have to drag it out of them what they did when didn't.

Be transparent. Be honest....say" we did great personally and are very proud. But still have lots to learn"...

I hate it when cheerleaders post they went to a nationals when it was only a USA 1 day classic... That is not nationals!! Or when mothers post the same.

I hate when cheerleaders post they got third...when in reality that was last because there was only 3 in your division.

I hate it when cheerleaders or parents are the first to post when they win, but you have to drag it out of them what they did when didn't.

Be transparent. Be honest....say" we did great personally and are very proud. But still have lots to learn"...

YESSSS!!!! There are not enough possible shimmys for this!

Getting suckered into basketball cheer when we literally do nothing

Getting no respect from our school

I'm only in it for competition

I hate how all stars don't respect is as much. Yes, I get that there are a lot of hs teams that don't compete and stuff, but the majority of them do and work JUST as hard for competing. That annoys me so much! That's why I want to get STUNT or acrobatics and tumbling at the high school level in New England to break away from the stereotypical cheerleader stuff.

Bad captains that have to be constantly told to call a cheer, then take 5 minutes to discuss it. I just am going to start calling them out!

I wish coaches were better trained for actually coaching competition cheer.

I wish cheer was more popular/well known as a sport in my school. Everything is all about the other sports and nothing about cheer.

Short skirts. Others in our school; stop complaining, because it is not in our control! It's not like we ASKED for such short skirts, that's how our uniforms came out. And if you complain that you can see our spandex covered butts, go ahead and complain to the track team that wears only Nike pros that ride up all the time. At least we have a skirt that covers them.

Back